turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommend me a slate call

Started by troutfisher13111, March 04, 2017, 07:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

I have a Halloran Twisted Sister that is always with me. I want to get a slate call to compliment it. Something a bit more mellow than the sister.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

MK M GOBL

Cody World Class Slate!! This has been the end of more turkeys than any other call I have.

MK M GOBL

nitro

Dean Redbeard Mundhenke or a Jack Mincey slate are my top two choices for slate surfaced pots.
Royal Slam 2008

Bowguy

If you can find a Halloran laminate slate it may be one of the best

coyote1

Roost 1

jmart241

wvmntnhick

Quote from: coyote1 on March 04, 2017, 08:37:03 PM
Lonnie Sneed hot hen.
This ^

Also, and I'm not a slate fan, I'd look at Mike Yingling's slate. I've got on in an ingrown maple pot and it flat sings. I've had lots of slates. Most were production calls. Had a Sinclair, Halloran and a Cody. All that's left is the Yingling and sneed. They've been the best of the best.

Bowguy

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 04, 2017, 07:52:00 PM
Cody World Class Slate!! This has been the end of more turkeys than any other call I have.

MK M GOBL
That's a sharp display. I've never run the world class but killed lots of birds w a woodsman. Haven't given away or sold that one. Only non custom I have. It's a very decent call and I used it to call a double for my daughters firsts

WV Ridge Reaper

Halloran Walnut/Wenge Slate it took place of the sneed slate

NYlogbeards

Gene's Slates are terrific, simple yet astounding for the price its mad not to have one. get the Cherry Slate

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Bowguy on March 04, 2017, 09:04:49 PM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 04, 2017, 07:52:00 PM

MK M GOBL
That's a sharp display. I've never run the world class but killed lots of birds w a woodsman. Haven't given away or sold that one. Only non custom I have. It's a very decent call and I used it to call a double for my daughters firsts

Thanks! Came up with the design, a guy from Cody got me the sign. If you get on their FB page you might notice my "Hook'd" bird there :)

I have a good story on my Cody and how I now own 2 World Class Slates :) Ones on the "Collector" Shelf

MK M GOBL

Vaughnrp2

I find myself using a Sneed Hot Hen more than any other pot call.

OHturkey85

Sneed Hot Hen or a Lonzo Birdseye maple