turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommend me a slate call

Started by troutfisher13111, March 04, 2017, 07:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snood Life

Lonzo yellowheart - slate over aluminum.

Fatbeard

MAC call by Mark Cornelious very very hard to beat
East TN Beard Buster

jordanz7935

My Sneed Hot Hen compliments my crystal mistress quite well. And I like how the hot hen has the traditional slate sound. A lot of the top slate calls sound like a glass call to my ear.My  :z-twocents:

SteelerFan

1 Longnecker Paduak slate: https://youtu.be/j-k_ItW_g7I

2 Sneed hot hen

The longnecker slate can make your ears bleed, or toned down mellow. The hot hen is just classic good. I like them both, but the paduak is always in my vest.

perrytrails

Lots of good ones, I'd say
Platz Cherry slate
Sneed hot hen

sevetts

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 04, 2017, 07:52:00 PM
Cody World Class Slate!! This has been the end of more turkeys than any other call I have.

MK M GOBL

I would have to say the exact same thing... love the display btw, I just have coffee cans of beards but alot of them met there doom by my Cody slate

monty690

Along with my twisted sister, I'll carry 2 Jimmy Schaffer slates. They're different woods and 2 distinctly different birds. Both will scream or talk soft.

ncwoodsman

Sneed Hot Hen or Darrin Dawkins walnut slate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcerin

Sneed Hot Hen

Misfire Walnut

2 different birds, Always in my vest.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

Spitten and drummen

I really like my platz cherry and dawkins walnut. I recently got a yellowheart slate from lon trice and it immediately went in my vest.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

joker

Check out cross road calls.  Richard makes a great looking fantastic sounding call for a very good price. He has a website and lots of calls on ebay.  You won't be disappointed.

Jroddc

Quote from: Bowguy on March 04, 2017, 08:33:39 PM
If you can find a Halloran laminate slate it may be one of the best
X2

tomfooleryy

I would give Lonzo a call and if he can't get you one made up before your season starts Midwest turkey supply usually has the Birdseye maple in stock

Ericbrooks

I just got a Yingling walnut slate and it is full of turkey. Very easy runner as well.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Ericbrooks on March 05, 2017, 07:37:54 PM
I just got a Yingling walnut slate and it is full of turkey. Very easy runner as well.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: