Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Curious as to the thoughts on the motion decoys coming out?

Started by Marc, February 17, 2017, 09:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Just saw an add for the new G&H motion decoys...

I still wished we had never allowed motorized decoys for duck hunting, but I have come to accept the fact that they are here to stay...

Seems like for turkey hunting, that these could to some degree take the "hunt" out of hunting...  Gotta' say, I am NOT a fan.

http://ghdecoys.com/product/d-turk-hen-deceiver/
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

dirt road ninja

greencop01

:camohat:  The essence of turkey hunting is finding a tree to sit against, and using a call, call the tom to you, up close and personal. That is the epitome of turkey hunting. I'm sorry but that is the way I hunt. If you use blinds and moving decoys and fans and the like, fine but you won't hunt with me. The old ways are the best I don't care what people think. I won;t look down my nose, just won't associate. Just my  :z-twocents: worth.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Spitten and drummen

Im with you. Im old school and its getting more and more about killing a gobbler than the hunt itself. I turkey hunt because i like the challenge. Its almost like playing chess with someone. To each his own , but i guarantee you that i will never fan one nor use a motorized decoy. Im not gonna judge someone else who decides to use them. When will we draw a line on whats really overboard. I think we have passed it in my opinion,  but obviously others dont agree.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

I have enjoyed turkey hunting for over 33 years and i see no reason now to have one of these decoy's . But again that's up to you if you want to use one...Just not my cup of tea...

MK M GOBL

I even seen one of these decoys mounted on a 4x4 remote controlled truck so you can drive it out in a field and the back in to you... and $300

Not Legal in Wisconsin

https://youtu.be/o9lwfsvZEBE

I do use some decoys and they do help with the kids hunts and for video, but mine are just staked in the field, if there is enough wind to move them around the have motion.

MK M GOBL

Kylongspur88

I don't think motorized decoys are legal in KY for turkeys?

I'll use my dsd hen on these old field birds every now and then, but I'm not a fan of motorized anything.

At some point it seems like it stops being about woodamanship and hunting and just becomes about killing. I think motorized decoys cross that line.

With that said I bet they sell a boat load of these things. I won't buy one though.

JK Spurs

Quote from: greencop01 on February 17, 2017, 09:49:23 PM
:camohat:  The essence of turkey hunting is finding a tree to sit against, and using a call, call the tom to you, up close and personal. That is the epitome of turkey hunting. I'm sorry but that is the way I hunt. If you use blinds and moving decoys and fans and the like, fine but you won't hunt with me. The old ways are the best I don't care what people think. I won;t look down my nose, just won't associate. Just my  :z-twocents: worth.
I couldn't agree with you more! I was at the outdoor show in Harrisburg PA this month and it's amazing how much different hunting gear is out there for every species. I'm part of the younger generation but was taught to hunt the "old ways". That's my preference for sure... to each his own.
I like my turkey well peppered

Honolua

BowBendr

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 17, 2017, 09:45:01 PM
Got to make so deer hunters can kill one too!

Yeah, and in my neck of the woods they couldn't kill a deer without a corn pile.

Gods of Thunder

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

SteelerFan

$300 Mobo gobbler? They should upgrade to a delux version that carries a shotgun and video camera, so the "hunter" doesn't have to leave their truck - or house.

:TrainWreck1:   :gobble:

Happy

Greencop pretty well summed it up for me. Well said

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

It's called dumbing down.  And nothing is safe from t, not even turkey hunting.   It started years ago and as hard as it is for some of us to believe, it continues to get even dumber.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

The Cohutta Strutter

Quote from: guesswho on February 18, 2017, 07:41:43 AM
It's called dumbing down.  And nothing is safe from t, not even turkey hunting.   It started years ago and as hard as it is for some of us to believe, it continues to get even dumber.
Right on...another small step towards the dumbing of America. This kind of thing is everywhere once you start looking around. Technology inspired by greed I'd say in most cases and the line was crossed a long time ago.
Anybody seen America lately?