OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Happy Valentines Day !

Started by BowBendr, February 14, 2017, 06:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

I am very fortunate to have a very loving wife that loves the hunting lifestyle. We are tight and she NEVER says a negative word about what or where I hunt.....

But just remember that turkey season is coming fast.  ;D ;D ;D
I know a lot of guys that are getting ready to spend a ton of money and time away from home. It's your last chance at spreading a little love that will go a long, long way....just sayin'  ;D

Seriously, get out there and show your family how much you love 'em today. In my house today is a great day !!

wdog

True that brother im fortunate enough to have one that bends over backwards to make sure I can go out and hunt. I feel bad for these guys that have to seek "permission"to do something we all love. Show some appreciation today do something nice buy her something fancy these good ones are hard to come by.

hookedspur

Yes ,I need to brag on my Valentine some as well . We were married 44 years ago come May
and she is the best thing that ever happened to me.  :z-flirtysmile3: :love5:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Double B

Yes have a happy Valentine's day all!   My wife is very supportive....a true blessing in my life.   Thank you Lord for bringing her into my life. 
Followed by buzzards

Happy

Don't celebrate it myself. I try to make every day valentine's day. My wife is amazing and I try to make it a point to tell her how great she is every day. I do dishes and laundry every week and help with running the kids wherever they need to go. We make a great team and she knows that her and the kids come first, even above turkey hunting. Actions speak louder than flowers and candy.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

BowBendr

Quote from: Happy on February 14, 2017, 08:35:23 AM
Don't celebrate it myself. I try to make every day valentine's day. My wife is amazing and I try to make it a point to tell her how great she is every day. I do dishes and laundry every week and help with running the kids wherever they need to go. We make a great team and she knows that her and the kids come first, even above turkey hunting. Actions speak louder than flowers and candy.

Oh, I agree. I do show my wife everyday how much I love her. I do as much as I can to keep the house running as smooth as possible as you say. I will always put the family before me but I also learned a long, long time ago that the 3 things not to forget in your relationship is her birthday, your anniversary date and Valentines day.  ;D
It ain't about kissing butt, it's about taking the time to make her feel special on those "special days".
On the other hand...I have a few friends here on OG that need all the help they can get, or it's going to be a miserable June   ;D ;D

It's a light-hearted post...just a friendly reminder to some  :wave:

Happy

I get ya. I send mine flowers at work a couple times a year and always remember birthdays and such. My beef with valentine's day is its nothing but a ploy to sell things and many a person thinks that taking one day out of their year to to recognize their other half is good enough.  Then they can be selfish and treat each other like crap the rest of the year. 10 years my wife and I have been together and we are still as good as when we started dating. A little work goes a long way. This wasn't meant to rain on valentine's day at all. Just a little thought on making your significant other feel appreciated all the time.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

turkeyfoot

I never really got into lot of the Valentines stuff the day always marked for us from when a kid time to plant peas lettuce greens and such. I do appreciate having a wife that pretty much lets me go as I please no way I could be married to someone I had to ask permission to go somewhere. Hope everyone has good one and get that ground turned over

BowBendr

Quote from: Happy on February 14, 2017, 09:20:30 AM
I get ya. I send mine flowers at work a couple times a year and always remember birthdays and such. My beef with valentine's day is its nothing but a ploy to sell things and many a person thinks that taking one day out of their year to to recognize their other half is good enough.  Then they can be selfish and treat each other like crap the rest of the year. 10 years my wife and I have been together and we are still as good as when we started dating. A little work goes a long way. This wasn't meant to rain on valentine's day at all. Just a little thought on making your significant other feel appreciated all the time.

Agree 100%  :icon_thumright:

turkeyfoot

I though one you get your 20 years in you can retire you guys telling me I still gotta work at it

BowBendr

Quote from: turkeyfoot on February 14, 2017, 10:22:27 AM
I never really got into lot of the Valentines stuff the day always marked for us from when a kid time to plant peas lettuce greens and such. I do appreciate having a wife that pretty much lets me go as I please no way I could be married to someone I had to ask permission to go somewhere. Hope everyone has good one and get that ground turned over

Yep, me and you has it good, we got good wives. That's one of the reasons I like hunting with you so much. They know how much every gobble means to us and we have ample time to get it done...now get over here and start my tiller for me. That power walk across the mountain Sunday finally got my back stiff and I gotta get my lettuce started.  :toothy12:

Bowguy

Quote from: wdog on February 14, 2017, 06:34:25 AM
True that brother im fortunate enough to have one that bends over backwards to make sure I can go out and hunt. I feel bad for these guys that have to seek "permission"to do something we all love. Show some appreciation today do something nice buy her something fancy these good ones are hard to come by.
Seeking permission means you need you man card checked. Gotta respect you wife but she's gotta respect you too

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Happy on February 14, 2017, 09:20:30 AM

X2 Going on 24years and I have the same way of doing things in my house other than I work twice as hard outside the home so she can stay at home with our spread out children.

longislandloco

A very Happy Valentines Day to all the wives who support us in our second passion....the wives being first of course, LOL.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

TauntoHawk

I got a new call in the mail today so I'm having a good day  :lol:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>