turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Danner boots

Started by turkaholic, February 14, 2017, 06:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

I have been a die hard Danner guy for a very long time. For the last 10  years or so I have kept a fresh pair of Pronghorns at my disposal. Last year I ordered 2 different pair insulated and uninsulated. Both pair hurt my feet. I noticed a seam sewn in in a different place. It also appears that they are manufactured in Vietnam. I am not happy and wondered if anyone else has had a problem? I don't really want to start looking for a new boot company after being so pleased in the past.
live to hunt hunt to live

hookedspur

I gave up on the Danners because the fit changed on me as well, and add the fact that
the last 2-3 pairs all leaked on me , 2 pair in their first season.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hookedspur

I should have added that Danners were my go to boot for years up until recently.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Fieldturkey

Same story here. Danners were my go to boot. The fit changed on the pronghorns a while back

renegade19

I wore a pair of Mountain Light II hikers for close to 20 years.  Finally had to replace them with another pair a few years ago.  I've got nothing but good to say about them.  However, I THOUGHT they were made in the USA?  I hate to hear about the changes and apparent loss of quality. 

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: renegade19 on February 14, 2017, 08:02:44 AM
I wore a pair of Mountain Light II hikers for close to 20 years.  Finally had to replace them with another pair a few years ago.  I've got nothing but good to say about them.  However, I THOUGHT they were made in the USA?  I hate to hear about the changes and apparent loss of quality.
My first pair of Danner Grouse boots lasted about 20 years and I am about 5 years into my second pair. I like my second pair even more than the first.  (Better outsole) They are entirely USA made, just like your Mountain Light hikers.  On the Danner site you can very easily filter for their USA made boots. 

ncwoodsman

I have a pair of Danner sharptail covey zip up boots on the 3rd resole now. I have been wearing them for 18 plus years and purchased a backup pair a couple of years ago and the quality was just not the same. The leather looked cheap and they didn't fit. I haven't given up on Danner, but I guess I need to look into the USA made section as suggested above.

Cutt

All the talk of Danner I bought an uninsulated, waterproof pair a few seasons ago, and they leaked that season. Never again, and at the time I also bought a pair of UA insulated, three years later they are not leaking.

renegade19

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on February 14, 2017, 09:20:41 AM
My first pair of Danner Grouse boots lasted about 20 years and I am about 5 years into my second pair. I like my second pair even more than the first.  (Better outsole) They are entirely USA made, just like your Mountain Light hikers.  On the Danner site you can very easily filter for their USA made boots.

Ah, that makes sense.  I can't believe all of the trouble people are reporting about their Danner's.  Wonder if the overseas made boots are the culprits?

Happy

Kinda suprised on the danners. My favorite boots by far. My last set is going on its 5th year and still great. I give them a couple coats of mink oil every year and they are good to go. These are the pronghorns.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

owlhoot

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on February 14, 2017, 09:20:41 AM

Filter for made in the USA boots= great idea!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Yoder409

My first pair of Danners was my LAST pair of Danners...............

Unless it has changed since I bought my one and only pair of their boots, their repair/replace policy outright STINKS !!!!! 

Setters and Red Wings for me now.  They stand behind their product without making the customer jump through 6-8 weeks of hoops.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

turkaholic

Long ago I used Rockys. I may have to try Irish Setters. What others are worth buying? They aren't getting any cheaper to buy. Just quality.  I Would buy a pair of pronghorns every 4 years or so. They would not be worn out, just leak. Danner should wake up
live to hunt hunt to live

Tail Feathers

Quote from: turkaholic on February 14, 2017, 09:15:23 PM
Long ago I used Rockys. I may have to try Irish Setters. What others are worth buying? They aren't getting any cheaper to buy. Just quality.  I Would buy a pair of pronghorns every 4 years or so. They would not be worn out, just leak. Danner should wake up
Bought my Irish Setter Vapor Trek's last year and wore them a whole season.  Very pleased.  Try them on tho, the boots run small.  I had to go up a whole size.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

wernerjd

I have had a pair of Danner Elk Hunters for about 12 years and had no problems. My first pair lasted about 1 year and the sole came off one boot and Cabelas stood behind them.