OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Danner boots

Started by turkaholic, February 14, 2017, 06:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

I owned a pair of pronghorn's. Lasted two years and leaked no matter what I put on them. Called up Danner and complained and they sent me a new pair. First time I put them on one of the grommets at the top of the boot flew off. Six months later they leaked. I now wear rubber boots on almost all hunts where there is chance of water including morning dew. Currently looking for a good waterproof boot but don't think it will be leather or Danner.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

pabossie255

I was just given a pair of new Danner Canadians 10" all leather and one of there American made boots. I hunted hard wading through water deep as the boots all season no leaks best set of boots I ever owned I did by the wide fit size.

tomno3

First pair was my last. Leak like a sieve. This was after about 20 uses and two seasons.

tha bugman

Never have had a pair of snake boots I was 100% pleased with and most time go right back to my Lacrosse Grange

Captain Hooks

Bought a pair of danner snake boots last year. Only lasted one day until left foot was soaked from a leak in the heal somewhere

Stumpy225

Guess I need to baby mine. Hard to find good boots for wide feet

Gentry

I have put down a many mile in some lacrosse grange! Just can't beat um.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixbird

I went round and round with Danner about 5 years back. Couldn't get a pair that wouldn't leak. Kept returning them until it got somewhat embarrassing. Finally was informed about the quality difference between the overseas models and the made in U.S.A. models. Got the U.S.A. model and they were water tight. They were substantially more expensive but they actually were water proof. Danner is hesitant to impart this info. to their customers. After you've bought something that leaks, they'll eventually steer you to something that doesn't, for a price...
There are a lot better boots on the market in regard to waterproofness...

kyturkeyhunter4

I've never had any issues at all out of my danners

turkeykiller41

I have never had no problems with my Danner Pronghorns I wouldn't have anything else.

Cut N Run

The first Rocky snake boots I owned leaked the first time I wore them. Cabela's took them back and let me upgrade to Danner Pronghorns.  I'm now on my second pair of Danner's and haven't had a minute's trouble.  I had some Rocky Scent-Free rubber boots with the NWTF logo at the tops that lasted a long time and fit great.  I wish they were still made.  It is tough to find good rubber boots in wider than D widths.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Honolua

I had Danner Jackal 2's and the leaked bad... I have Their Steadfast 8" boots now and they are awesome. You can find them on sale for like $60. Down from $140.

sixbird

I have a pair of Jackals that I absolutely love. They leak like a sieve but they're light and comfy. I use them on dry days. These were the original Jackal, the first year they were made. I've had the seams stitched twice and they're still going strong.
I have a love/hate relationship with Danner...  :) >:(