Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Countdown to kick off ...

Started by davisd9, February 03, 2017, 01:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Today is the 45 day mark for us SC boys! Come on Spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

BABS9

Headed to Ohio April 26th for a little early hunting before the opener here in NY on May 1st!! Can't wait!

Turkeykiller12

March 18th for youth season and March 25th for the rest of the folks. I'm ready.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bowguy

April 22-23 for NY youth weekend. Only the Sat in NJ. Adult season in NJ starts April 24 n NY May 1.

WNY Bowhunter

Looking at 70 days for the opener in KY.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

davisd9

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on February 04, 2017, 05:56:26 PM

Going back to Kentucky, sweet! I want to hunt there soon, land of some giants!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: davisd9 on February 04, 2017, 07:16:53 PM
Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on February 04, 2017, 05:56:26 PM

Going back to Kentucky, sweet! I want to hunt there soon, land of some giants!

I'm going back with a chip on my shoulder this year after coming home empty handed last spring. Friends of mine went back during bowseason and said the birds were going nuts just like it was the spring nearly every morning. Can't wait to shut a couple of them up in in April!!!  :icon_thumright:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

davisd9

Ninja is under a month and I am just over it.  Starting to get a little stir crazy.  Messed with the vest a little last night.  Hope to load some shells next weekend. 

SwampRooster17

31 more days! I'm chomping at the bit! I'm going to sight in scope and pattern some shells tomorrow

trkehunr93

Youth/Apprentice Hunter weekend April 1st and 2nd, regular opener April 9th here in Virginia.

Rzrbac

April 17th here in MO. Been kicking around a trip south to get started early. Guess I'll have to shed hunt to keep me occupied.

Bowguy

Just over 60 days now. Still a bit of snow on the ground but it's supposed to be over 50 this weekend. Nearer 60 they're saying. I'm betting I'm gonna see birds in fields n Sunday I'm getting up to look n listen for them. Let the pre games begin! Hope you southern boys are all already in decent weather. Hope the more northern guys are starting to see the weather change. Winter is almost over

dirt road ninja

Not sure if I'll get in the woods on the opener, but will for sure on the 16th.

davisd9

Got in on 400 more acres to hunt. Two separate properties and I have hunted one with a friend before. Looking forward to trying new ground