turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Avian-X 3/4 Strut Jake

Started by C.Kimzey95, January 24, 2017, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.Kimzey95

Unfortunately as I am a sucker for a good looking over priced decoy this one tempts me. I already own a few of the avian-x's and do not really need another one. Have any of you decoy junkies seen these yet and what do you think about them?

Gobble!

I'm a DSD guy but really like the this decoys posture.

TauntoHawk

I'm tempted to sell my 1/4 strut and buy the 3/4 I like the posture better

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

allchokedup

Looks good. I asked the guys from DSD 3 yrs ago, to make one in a breeding posture.
They never did.
This Avian X  3/4 looks like it will be a winner. I may have to try one.
Thanks for posting.

PALongspur

I love the looks of it but the price just kills me for decoys. I picked up one of the HS Strut Jake Snood decoys for a song a few weeks ago. I think they have one of the best postures and color schemes in the industry!

Indianayounggun

That 3/4 strut jake looks pretty sweet. One thing I always liked about the 1/2 strut jake was that the head was exposed over the back of the decoy, displaying that red head to all angles... the new jake appears to have more of a tucked, dropped head.... Ill probably still have to have one though

goblr77

beakbuster10

Looks good. I think they're trying to make the pose more like the DSD Jake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

Save your money.. You don't need decoys to kill turkeys.
Don't gobble at me...

Greg Massey

Quote from: Fullfan on January 25, 2017, 05:11:11 PM
I've seem times you do need a decoy to kill a turkey...just like using more than one call...

WNCTracker

Maybe you don't. Not the point

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: WNCTracker on January 25, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
And why would you care as long as it's legal?You hunt em how you want and everyone else will hunt em how they want!!

Greg Massey

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 25, 2017, 07:22:01 PM
Quote from: WNCTracker on January 25, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
And why would you care as long as it's legal?You hunt em how you want and everyone else will hunt em how they want!!
x2

MK M GOBL

Have had unbelievable success with my DSD Jake!!

Can't see how it wouldn't work, just not a fan of Avian-X Decoys...

The only thing they haven't "made" is their version of DSD's Leading Hen decoy but that is probably next year's release.

MK M GOBL

Marc

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 25, 2017, 07:22:01 PM
I believe that decoy use during turkey hunting is a personal choice.  I personally do not have an issue using them and am not above using them, but would rather hunt without.  Although the interaction is a bit different with a decoy.

However, the "if it is legal, then it is OK" argument does not fly with me.  Legal, by no means equates to ethical, and as hunters, we must stand as stewards of the sport.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.