OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The haint.

Started by supremepredator, January 17, 2017, 04:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I would just stick with the gobble shaker

tha bugman

Ishi

I was suckered into that piece of junk lol!!! Finally had to give it away with a pot call I sold :anim_25:
The Spirit Lives On

RutnNStrutn

I think you are blowing too fast and too long. I have yet to master my Haint. Sometimes I sound really good, sometimes I sound God awful. ::)
Usually when I'm in position in the woods to actually successfully use mine, I get all excited, then sound like someone is choking a goose!!! :lol: ;D :TooFunny:
Practice, practice, pratice!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

supremepredator

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 24, 2017, 11:36:58 PM
I think you are blowing too fast and too long. I have yet to master my Haint. Sometimes I sound really good, sometimes I sound God awful. ::)
Usually when I'm in position in the woods to actually successfully use mine, I get all excited, then sound like someone is choking a goose!!! :lol: ;D :TooFunny:
Practice, practice, pratice!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
2 words. "Free air" i finally found out how to get that deeper tone. I'll post another sound file when i get it down. I think the reason people have so much trouble with it is because they are using their diaphragm to force air through the call. You have to relax and just breath through the call. It's not an easy call to blow, but once u get it down, it sounds amazing.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

RutnNStrutn

I would love to learn that secret!! I'm gonna keep on trying. You're right about one thing. When I sound awful, it's usually because I'm blowing the call with too much force.

Marc

Interesting responses...

I have no doubt that it is a far easier call for a duck hunter to learn...  It is a feeding chuckle and cupping your hands for back-pressure.  A diaphragm call is (or was for me) a far more difficult call to sound realistic on.

I cannot make it sound even reasonably realistic by rolling my tongue...  I do a feeding chuckle "tugga-tugga-tugga," "Ticka-ticka, ticka," etc...  I blow the call just as I would a duck call using my diaphragm (I personally cannot make a realistic call with "free-air," with the combination of cadence and back-pressure being the key to realism...

It is capable of making a realistic gobble for someone that can figure it out...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tom Threetoes

Gobbling in my neck of the woods could get you a face full of shot! I've only had a very few times that I'd consider using one and that was when the dominate gobbler had caused the others to clam up. Only on private property and then I was on double alert!

supremepredator

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0mth4UtFUfp

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Kw7UQJUUSH

The top one is the flutter tounge method. The bottom im saying tucka, tucka, tucka.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

RutnNStrutn

Bottom one sounds much better.

Fullfan

Quote from: Meadow Valley Man on February 12, 2017, 10:39:53 AM
I will trade my Mad Dead Silence call for your Haint.

LOL I still have my Dead Silence, How many years ago did they sucker me on that one ?? Has to be 20-23 ish
Don't gobble at me...

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Fullfan on February 28, 2017, 05:27:27 PM
Quote from: Meadow Valley Man on February 12, 2017, 10:39:53 AM
I will trade my Mad Dead Silence call for your Haint.
LOL I still have my Dead Silence, How many years ago did they sucker me on that one ?? Has to be 20-23 ish
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
That was early in my turkey hunting career. Seemed legit at the time. Never got anything to answer it. ;D Finally mine came unscrewed and fell off in the woods somewhere, leaving just the ring and stem that attached it to the lanyard. I didn't even care that I lost it. It was garbage!! At least I never bought any turkey in heat scent!! ;D :TooFunny:

g8rvet

Machine gun never worked for me.  I use a slightly faster feeding chuckle, with lots of hand air control.  To me, it is mostly in the hands.  I agree with Jim, I sound better when practicing than when doing it for real.  Snuck up behind my nephew while scouting one morning and blew it from about 100 yards behind him.  He spun on a dime to see me.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: g8rvet on February 28, 2017, 08:39:49 PMSnuck up behind my nephew while scouting one morning and blew it from about 100 yards behind him.  He spun on a dime to see me.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

RutnNStrutn

Since reading this thread, I've been practicing blowing my HAINT with much less pressure. It's sounding much better but I still need practice. I'm getting there though!! :gobble: