turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The haint.

Started by supremepredator, January 17, 2017, 04:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Sounds like you still have work to do...didn't care for it...

Full strut

My girlfriend bought me one so I tried it out of obligation and i just couldn't get the POS to sound good enough to hunt with

Smooth_Operator

If you want to gobble, there isn't a better tool to use than a tube call IMO...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

J.D. Shellnut

I could never make mine sound like they made it sound on tv. I think them ole boys pulled a fast one on me!!! lol
60% of the time it works every time!

turkeyfoot

Quote from: USMC0331 on January 17, 2017, 06:20:42 PM
Just keep practicing with it. I learned to cup my hand around it to make a big sound chamber and not to blow that hard.  It has work for me on a few hunts it just takes more practice than I thought it would. A tube call is much easier.
go to you tube you can get plenty step by step instructions to get you started with mouth call or tube or box what ever you prefer

littlebull

I bought one of them last year and had it sounding pretty good after a few hours of playing with it. I thought that it was kinda like feed calling on a duck call. It sounds much more realistic coming through the woods than it does if your sitting at the house or whatnot. I would get my dad to sit on the back porch and I would walk out in the woods bout 100 yards or so and practice that way. I think its a pretty fun call to try and get em fired up every now and again.
The old coon walks a late log

Double B

K&H/Ebsco must have thought it was a good call........
Followed by buzzards

supremepredator

Yea, I've definitely got to practice more. Ive already done plenty of research on the call. Josh smallwood on youtube knows what he's doing on the haint. It feels like im close to getting the right sound, it's all in the tounge.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

Tom Threetoes

I've got an old Lynch World Champion box that sounds just like a gobbler to me. Just grab it by the hinged end and shake.

southern_leo

Quote from: Tom Threetoes on January 20, 2017, 10:04:45 PM
I've got an old Lynch World Champion box that sounds just like a gobbler to me. Just grab it by the hinged end and shake.
I've got a spring creek box and I agree it's easy to gobble on. But I bought a quaker shaker gobble call. It's sounds good and very easy to use.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Big perm2

I have a night and hale gobble call kinda similar to the hant, or same concept. I've killed a couple birds with it. One of my most memorable moments in the shows me state on public land hunted a bird all morning and at 11:45 called him in with a hs gobble shaker!! They work when they work if you know what I mean!! Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Threetoes

I'd be scared crapless to use a gobble call on public land in Missouri!

Big perm2

Ha ha!! I've been going since 97 and knock on wood never seen nothing but local older men. Like in there 70's and every single one of them was in tent blinds and I swear to you that one had 6 decoys and the other had 4. They said they sit there till they kill one or till time is up!! The darndest thing I've ever seen!!

appalachianassassin

why not learn to gobble with your natural voice. I don't sound as good as slaton, but I sound plenty good enough to be effective.

Big perm2

For starters I'm sure I could. I can yelp cluck and even cackle good enough to call a turkey with my mouth(have done so already) as mentioned above I have a knight and hake gobble call and I love running it. Just like my duck and goose calls. I have never considered it but it sounds like an art to run one of the gobble calls. Not every one can do it. I believe it's to each of his on.. that's just my opinion bud..