turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The haint.

Started by supremepredator, January 17, 2017, 04:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nAi1w1WhAY been practicing for about a month. How do i sound?
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

Gobble!

I'm not digging it. I think the gobble shakers sound better than that.

wvmntnhick

That's about all I can get out of mine. I'm not confident enough in it. Personally, I think my gobbles on a tube are way more realistic so plan to use it. Probably just sell the haint. Good luck with yours though.

TauntoHawk

I could never run the haint and make it sound half decent, I am much better at gobbling on a mouth call which should be harder than a call designed to gobble but I just couldn't run the thing well. I was hoping to get more volume than I can generate on a mouth call gobbling.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2eagles

You sound better than I can do with the darn thing. I do much better with the one I thump on its end, a Primos, I think. You should probably keep practicing and give it a try.

GobbleNut

My opinion: a little too fast on the notes and a little too long on the whole gobble.  The first part of the gobble sounds better than the last part.  If you have not already tried gobbling on a tube call, try that and see if it works better for you.

born2hunt

Yeah....I'd go with something else  :toothy9:
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

beakbuster10

That's about all I could get out of mine 'blowing' it like a machine. I tried to feed chuckle in it too and just can't get a passable gobble from it. I am way more confident in gobbling with every short box I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

The Haint is just yet another piece of gimmicky crap. Toss it in the trash.

The only people who are happy with "the Haint" are the people who sell them. Seriously.
Royal Slam 2008

supremepredator

Hey thanks for the feedback, even if most of it isn't positive. If any of y'all can post a sound file of youself gobbling and the call used. That Would be great!

USMC0331

Just keep practicing with it. I learned to cup my hand around it to make a big sound chamber and not to blow that hard.  It has work for me on a few hunts it just takes more practice than I thought it would. A tube call is much easier.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: supremepredator on January 17, 2017, 06:09:37 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback, even if most of it isn't positive. If any of y'all can post a sound file of youself gobbling and the call used. That Would be great!

look up Joe Slaton on youtube or his call making company Mother lode turkey calls, he is a member around here and has won the gobbling category in more than one competition his videos and a few PM's helped get me started gobbling on a mouth call that has killed some birds for me when i needed it.

joe slaton gobbling practice would probably be a good youtube search
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

supremepredator

Dang... That joe slanton guy is legit, Impressive.

Gobble!

Quote from: supremepredator on January 17, 2017, 06:09:37 PM

There are some instructional videos on YouTube you should check out. The Haint has sealed the deal for me on multiple birds the last couple years. If used right it sounds better than a shacker. I remember working a bird that just would not leave his strut zone. Tried everything from moving around to calling hard to shutting up but he would not commit. Finally pulled out the Haint and he was in my lap in less than 5 minutes.

Are you cuppping your hands at the end? Keep working with it, its definitely not a gimmick.

southern_leo

I didn't own a haint I had their competition I can't remember the name but it was basically the same thing. I wore it out and the best I got sounded like a woopy cushion. I watched the videos and talked to guys on forums and just couldn't get it. Then I tried to give the thing away and no one wanted it. I'm sure they are great if you can get it, but I think you have to have a natural talent of some sort. I can't "tucka  tucka tucka" fast enough continually.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk