turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Keeping Box Calls Quiet

Started by bbcoach, January 13, 2017, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I'm looking for your suggestions on the best way to keep a box call quiet while hunting.  I use the Primos Lock Jaw band and it does really well but I'm looking for any other suggestions. 

dirt road ninja

I use a ponytail holder between the body and the lid and slide it in the vest. Very quiet.

slwayne

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 13, 2017, 04:19:03 PM
I use a ponytail holder between the body and the lid and slide it in the vest. Very quiet.

I do something similar.  Use one ponytail between box and lid and then use a couple others to go around the box and lid.  I have two little granddaughters so I have a never ending supply of ponytail holders lol.

wvmntnhick

I too use the Primos deal. They work great and are rather inexpensive. Not as cheap as a hair tie and I've used those in the past as well. Just liked the rubber in between them. Seemed to cushion it better. Not that it mattered.

gergg

The Richard Hudson box I just got has a leather cinch strap on that works great, not sure how he makes it, but keeps the call dead silent. I have used those rubber Primos jobbies and they work good too.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

SwampRooster17

I have a call muzzle it's similar to the ones ridge road outdoors are making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

I made my own from some wide elastic, stretches over the box and separates and holds the lid raised also has a loop on top so you can pull it off quick.

MK M GOBL

Dr Juice

I use heavy duty large rubber bands that keeps the call locked tight.

Greg Massey

I cut small pieces of foam and places those between the lid that work really good and i put a rubber band around the box call...

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gobble!

Tail Feathers

I move thru the woods like a ghost puma.  Silent and smooth.  No noise would dare emanate from my person when I'm hunting. :goofball:

Actually my vest pocket holds the call snug enough to prevent noise.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

greencop01

:camohat: The best way I know to quiet a caller is to cut a strip off an old t-shirt about an inch wide and about 10 or 12 inches long and wrap a couple of wraps between the lid and the box This is the way it has been done for years and years that I have remembered, it works and costs nothing !
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

turkaholic

I use a piece of polar fleece sewed in a ring about 2" wide. Slide over paddle add heavy rubber band, like the ones a bunch of asparagus is bunched with. I love asparagus. Silent as a lamb
live to hunt hunt to live

ncwoodsman

In the past I have used a small piece of paper towel folded up really small just so the lid and box don't touch each other and my wife's pony tail bands. Now I use the Primos Lock Jaw mostly.