turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trough calls

Started by Beards and Hooks, December 28, 2016, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beards and Hooks

Love to hear everyone's opinions on them, I don't own any but I am curious. What do you like about them,preference which materials, what call makers do you like? What are you looking at price wise, I have researched them a little and they seem to be a little bit of an oddity as to which guys make them, love to see some pix if your willing to share, thanks guys and look forward to learning!

CMBOSTC

Bob Fulcher makes a cream puff of a call. Look him up.

beakbuster10

Hersh's copper trough is a killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Letnemfly turned me onto a guy called John Tanner. Call sounds great n I almost always start w it.

West Augusta

Tim Bullock and Mike Lapp both make fine Trough calls.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Beards and Hooks

Loving the feedback guys, appreciate it please keep it coming. Why are trough calls rarely talked about on here and made by even fewer guys, because a pot is more versatile? When would you prefer them over a pot? Just spitballing questions as they come in mind, as I have never played with one, appreciate thee feedback!

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

outdoors

I HAVE A Bullock CALL   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

letinmfly

John Tanner makes a slate trough which is the best I've heard.  I own two of them and they are deadly on the birds.  I also have a Bullock copper trough which is top notch!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Bowguy

Quote from: letinmfly on December 29, 2016, 08:32:33 AM
John Tanner makes a slate trough which is the best I've heard.  I own two of them and they are deadly on the birds.  I also have a Bullock copper trough which is top notch!!
Pic of the tanner and a Schafer another good one

Beards and Hooks

Very nice bowguy those look great!

The Woodsman

Bowguy

Hersh

Here are a few that I make. I know my aren't the fanciest call around, but they will call em in. Ryan

Beards and Hooks

Those look nice Hersh,  when do you use these instead of a pot,any times or advantages over a potin your opinion?