turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trough calls

Started by Beards and Hooks, December 28, 2016, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluMtnGobbler

I'm sure that a Mike Lapp trough is fantastic, I don't have one of his yet but I do have one from Mark McPhail and it is one sweet call and he's a great guy to talk to.

BRIAN

Hersh

I use my trough call like I would use a pot call. They will make any call the pot will do. They fit the hand nicely and they run about the same all the way up and down the surface. They also fit nicely into your pocket if u don't use a vest. I was drawn to them because of the simplicity and the fact that not a lot of people made them.

Beards and Hooks

Makes sense and thanks for the info Hersh yours look awesome!

Bowguy

I don't know about Hersch but I'll tell you my take on advantage. Let's say you roost birds or have birds close, they soft talk nice. Also certain calls for some people, say trough calls, scratch boxes, etc many use a slower/softer rhythm on. Some guys can hammer on a scratch box but some can't n we're talking troughs.
Many can be placed down n played one handed n put all that together imo it's an advantage. Purr n cluck great too.
Another weapon in your arsenal n it's always best to play it easy than pour it on if you had to

mwr

Bob Fulcher made this one for me!

Mikey

The Woodsman

How's it sound Mikey? Looks nice

Beards and Hooks

Definitely going to have to get my hands on one at some point bowguy,those are huge advantages. That is definitely a looker MWR thanks for sharing .

Hooksnhorns

I have one made by Ford Mangum. He lives bout 15 mins away. His trough calls sound more like a turkey than any other call made (besides a mouth call being run by an above avg caller) for soft stuff. Purrs are spot on.
Don't Tread On Me

Bowguy

Some pretty cool lookin calls guys

mwr

KYTURKEY

As stated, Bob Fulcher's are stuffed full of turkey. Brent Stoner, of BeReady Custom Calls, also makes a killer of a trough call.

Patrick

hunter22

Mike Lapp made this one for me. It has two playing surfaces, aluminum and corian for two different sounds.

The Woodsman

Hey Rickey, do you like that? I was talking with Mike last night and he said he was putting the 2 surfaces on them standard now. I like the concept of it.

Denny

hunter22

Denny--It is a great call. Typical for something Mike would make.

mwr