turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mounts, how many ya got

Started by Farmboy27, June 25, 2016, 10:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

How many birds have you guys got mounted?  I have 2 full full bodies, my first longbeard when I was 12 (11" beard and 1 1/4 spurs) and my rio from Texas about 16 years ago. I also have a breast mount of a triple beard (11 1/2" 9 1/2" 7 1/2") that I shot the same year.( talk about an expensive spring!). I have 2 fan mounts of birds that aren't huge but have special meaning. One was a bird I hunted all season long and finally killed the next to last day. The other is the first bird my cousin ever called in. (I had called 6 in for him over the years and he wanted to "repay me"). With any luck maybe I can a full bodied merriams to the wall next spring!

Greg Massey

I have one full body turkey mounted and several fan's and beards that all have a special meaning in my hunting cabin. After paying the price of that full turkey mount, i decide for that price i could buy a nice gun. Mounting a full body turkey is not cheap..i always take pictures and i have a cedar box that i also keep a lot of my turkey beards in also..

Happy

Never mounted one. Have three fans with beards on plaques and one is my first Longbeard and the other two are special in their own way. Try to keep the beards but have list a good many due to moving 3 times and pets but I have started to keep spurs in the last 8 years or so.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

trkehunr93

Got two mounted, Rio from TX and my biggest eastern from VA.  Would love to get an Osceola and a merriams and if I'm fortunate enough to do it I'll mount them also.  Other than that I just save beards and spurs anymore, plenty of fan mounts after 23 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK Spurs

For full mounts 5, I have my first Eastern, double beard Eastern, Rio, Merriam, and Osceola. Also have a Rio chest mount, two fan/beard plaques, and two feet/beard mounts.
Non-turkey...I have brown trout, 2 whitetails, pig, fox squirrel. I've kept my taxidermist in business over the years.
I like my turkey well peppered

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I have 3 full body mounts. 1 double bearded eastern, 1 double bearded rio and 1 more eastern with odd colored wings.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

guesswho

I never planned on mounting a turkey period.  I always cut the spurs off and threw them in a bucket and put the beards on beard boards.  Then I killed one with 56" of beard and I decided what the heck, I need a turkey mount.  So I have one!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

eorlando

I only have one turkey mount and it is the first bird I ever killed, a smoke phase Osceola. I have some other miscellaneous stuff mounted. Some are better than others but they all have a special meaning to me. I have definitely leaned that you get what you pay for with taxidermy.

DSC_7143 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7146 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7147 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7148 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7150 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7151 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7155 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7160 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7161 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7162 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7163 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7164 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7166 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_7168 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

GSLAM95

Full body mounts
2 - Easterns
1 - Osceola
1 - Rio
1 - Merriams
1 - Gould's
2 - Ocellated

I like looking at mounts, tail fans, spurs and beards on the wall.  They say the first step in recognizing an addiction is being able to admit to it.  Ok I admit to it...  :icon_thumright:

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

wvmntnhick

I've got no turkey mounts per say. I've got one fan on a plaque with the Spurs and beard. I've got one buck done as a European mount and I've got a black bear half mount done. That's it. Nothing real special.

eddie234

I'm still waiting to get one nice enough for a full mount, mine so far have either had broken Spurs or just weren't big enough. I've got four of my five fans on the wall.

eorlando

Quote from: GSLAM95 on June 25, 2016, 02:02:41 PM
Full body mounts
2 - Easterns
1 - Osceola
1 - Rio
1 - Merriams
1 - Gould's
2 - Ocellated

I like looking at mounts, tail fans, spurs and beards on the wall.  They say the first step in recognizing an addiction is being able to admit to it.  Ok I admit to it...  :icon_thumright:
That is impressive right there. I would love to see some pictures!

fallhnt

5 turkey 1 deer...all bow kills
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Yoder409

5 full mounts...........

2 Easterns
2 Gould's
1 Rio
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Roost 1

2 full mounts, 1 eastern and a double beard merriams. Several fans including Easters, merriams, and osceolas. Got a eastern at taxidermist now that has 6 beards and will be in Kentucky Top 10!!