turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone remember these...

Started by Old Gobbler, May 30, 2016, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I really like that patch,we should definitely make that design for next year.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 31, 2016, 11:06:19 AM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 31, 2016, 10:14:00 AM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 31, 2016, 09:20:06 AM
I want to keep this real lite,if ya know what I'm saying  :icon_thumright: I'm not trying to start any patch controversy..  :lol:
  I'm going to respectfully disagree with the Ol' Boney comment. It is nothing more than a patch. A cool patch I might add. Ol'Boney may just be a mascot for our OG community.
If anyone thinks,they are drawing attention by ironing a patch on there turkey hunting vest....  They are. However...It could be any patch,It could be a patch to fix a rip,or tear in your vest. It's only a patch. Please don't tell me in the spring of 2016 we were offended by OG's Ol'Boney  :TooFunny:

I've had some comments on my Ol'Boney patch. They were all good. Mostly saying, where did ya get it.. And I want one. Keep our patches coming Shannon. My only request is,can you keep the patch round,there taking up too much space on my vest.  ;D
Thank You
B-Well All
Johnny

I'm not saying that patches aren't "cool." Just saying that I can't bring myself to put one on my vest. Heck, I wanted to order one this year but didn't get to because the great calls kept popping up and I apparently needed them more than I needed the patch. I'd like to start a good collection of them but then I must also figure out what to do with them. The round ones with the bird on them, I think I'd feel much better about putting them on the vest. Again, it's just my opinion, not the opinion of all. As for being offended, not one bit. I like the design, just not my style for display.

It's all good WV. Like I said.. No controversy here. I was keeping it lite. I'm just pro Ol'Boney Lolol!
B-Well
Johnny

I get it. Trust me, I wasn't reading any malice into it at all. That's one thing that I do love about this forum. People tend to be able to discuss thoughts and opinions openly without dealing with all the drama of hurt feelings and what not. Might be the absence of estrogen. Perhaps something else. I'm not sure.

Rick Howard

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 30, 2016, 09:44:01 PM
I think it looks better than ol' boney. Not that there's anything wrong with it but I want something I can put on my vest without looking as if I'm intentionally trying to draw attention to myself.

Same here.  A plain turkey theme is more my style.

tha bugman

Greg Massey

Nothing wrong with Ol'Boney, we are just asking to bring back a nice old classic patch.  I don't understand a bunch of grown men getting bent our of shape over just wanting a classic patch. Ol'Boney was a nice patch now it's time to remake a classic ..

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 31, 2016, 06:23:08 PM
Nothing wrong with Ol'Boney, we are just asking to bring back a nice old classic patch.  I don't understand a bunch of grown men getting bent our of shape over just wanting a classic patch. Ol'Boney was a nice patch now it's time to remake a classic ..
Not sure anyone's really bent out of shape per say. Everyone just has opinion about what they like. Chevy, Ford. You get my drift.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: hookedspur on May 31, 2016, 08:46:31 PM
Maybe a strutter
Now there's an idea. A sweet looking strutter would just about do it.

mikejd

The Skull was my favorite. I am glad I have 2 more stickers for my next 2 trucks.

Gobspur

Quote from: mikejd on May 31, 2016, 09:59:35 PM
The Skull was my favorite. I am glad I have 2 more stickers for my next 2 trucks.

I would pay good money for a few of the skull stickers.  Shannon - any way you could make another run of those??  :funnyturkey:

mgm1955

Great looking patch!! I'm happy with whatever is available.

sbbow

Quote from: mgm1955 on June 01, 2016, 02:47:28 PM
Great looking patch!! I'm happy with whatever is available.

Me too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

To answer a few questions ....

Any of the patches we have ever offered will never be re-made again , it's a one time deal , you could however place a wanted add in the classifieds I know for sure many members bought several at a time

Next year We may do 2 separate patches , one with bomey ...one with a gobbler of sorts on it

Not sure yet ...still thinking on what to have me up --- Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Greg Massey

Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 01, 2016, 09:50:19 PM
To answer a few questions ....

Any of the patches we have ever offered will never be repaid again , it's a one time deal , you could however place a wanted add in the classifieds I know for sure many members bought several at a time

Next year We may do 2 separate patches , one with bomey ...one with a gobbler of sorts on it

Not sure yet ...still thinking on what to have me up --- Shannon
Great, some of us older hunters like the old classic look, great idea on making 2 different patches.

sixbird

Bony is da man! Got my patch today and it's as good, if not better than the pics. It'll be on my vest by tonight!   :gobble: