turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blind Recommendations

Started by Bayou Gold, May 19, 2016, 12:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayou Gold

I have 3 little boys.  My oldest is 6 and got his first this year.  I have 2 that are younger and need to get a blind before next spring.

I would love input if you have any positive or negative experiences with any in particular.

Bill Cooksey

Man, that's a herd. Mine refused to get in a blind when he started tagging along. Said he got enough of that when he went on duck hunts. As far as I know, he never spooked a bird, but I only had one kid to worry about. Good luck.

If you're hunting private land, it might be a good idea to build several "natural" blinds before season. The kids would have fun "helping" build them, and they could be as big as you feel is needed.

Greg Massey

Get you a primos double bull blind, with the lifetime warranty, primos will be around for a long time and replacement parts are easy to get for repairs.

wvlimbhanger

I second the double bull. I bought a double wide deluxe last winter and man is it nice. Well made, durable material, and has a lot of room inside. I will be getting a second one before bow season this fall.

stinkpickle

If you're gonna have 'em all in the blind at the same time, go big like the double bull.

Jroddc

Double bull double wide deluxe. Well worth the money

BDeal

Baronnet Big Cat.  The doulble bulls are very overpriced in my opinion and yes I have used one.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

We use the Rhino XP-100s for taking kids and handicap hunts.

They are very comparable to the original double bull window configuration and have the densest fabric construction of any blind on the market.  They are also only in the $230 range.  They far exceed any alternatives in the 100-300 range and are a nice contrast to Primos/double bill.

I'm not a big advocate for blinds but if I have to park myself in one, it's a Rhino.

kyturkeyhunter4

Get you one of the Big Mike blinds made by baronnet plenty of room in those. I've got two of them I love them. I've got my little girl and son with me and all three of us have plenty of room. I'm 6,1 and I can stand up and walk around in it. And there still alot cheaper than a primos double bull blind

wytrat785

Another vote for the Barronett. I picked up their 350 from Orscheln Farm & Home just before Christmas last year for around $100. Had plenty of room for myself, my buddy in his wheelchair and his wife.

Bayou Gold

I should have been more clear....I never intend to take all 3 together, be a nightmare. Haha

Thanks for replies, will research double bull, rhino and barronet

BDeal

When researching Barronet blinds, there was some feedback that the windows on the Big Mike and Grounder models were a bit high and that was my impression when I looked at them. The windows on the Big Cat 350 are lower and I like it much better.

Good Luck

SKFOOTER

Check out the Primos Club XL blind on Ebay for less than $100. :turkey2:

otinhunter

I also would have to say a double bull double wide I love mine

GSLAM95

I am partial myself to the Double Bull as well.  I don't care which brand you buy but look at the 5 hub blinds and keep the window configuration in mind when purchasing.
The Dark Horse is still my favorite as the adjustable height window in the front is superior in design for real hunting situations on ground that may not be level.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.