turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tom Laska - Lonefeather

Started by huntforfun1960, May 16, 2016, 05:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntforfun1960

Have not seen any of his calls on Ebay this year.  Has something happened to Tom or did he stop making calls?

outdoors

HE ONLY MAKES SO MANY AND SELLS THOSE  . IF YOU HAVE SAVED HIM AS A SELLER ON EBAY    EMAIL HIM
AND SEE IF HE ANSWERS ........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

huntforfun1960

Oldschoolboxcalls

Unfortunately, I'm sad to say tom passed away in February. A legend has passed on to happy hunting grounds. His son wanted to keep things private, so never posted anything about his passing, But I think enough time has passed so people should know that a great callmaker has passed on.

outdoors

:bible:
WOW SORRY TO HEAR THAT ....
MY SYMPATHIES GO TO THE FAMILY ...
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

lmbhngr

WOW!!!! I had no idea he passes away. Terrible news!

KentuckyHeadhunter

Oh my goodness.  I had no idea.  Thoughts and prayers to his family. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Bennett

Man I hate to hear that. I exchanged several emails with him the last couple of years and bought several calls from him.  He was hard to get in touch with at first, but after he kind of got to know me, he was a lot of fun to talk to. I remember asking him several times to build me a call and he kept putting me off. I think he was a little skeptical of people buying and reselling his calls. I remember one time telling him that I had no intention of selling his calls and that two weeks ago I had never even heard of him. He replied in the first line of his email that two weeks ago he had never heard of me either!  Once I bought a few, he started emailing me occasionally offering to build me a call. He found out I was a fan of Turpin style boxes and made me three of his version. I was fortunate enough to buy the copy of Mickel's 2nd book that Mr Mickel sent him. I actually tried emailing him in March to see how he was doing. I think he made great calls and every one I own sounds great. Thank you for sharing that information. If you have any contact information for his son, I would appreciate you sending me a pm. Thanks.

Spring Creek Calls

So sorry to hear this news. Sold some chalk to Tom back in December and asked if he would make me a call and he said he had some health problems and was not making calls at that time. A few days later a chalk holder showed up in the mail.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

SS Calls

I had no idea. My condolences to the family.

huntforfun1960

Quote from: Oldschoolboxcalls on May 16, 2016, 07:12:39 PM
Unfortunately, I'm sad to say tom passed away in February. A legend has passed on to happy hunting grounds. His son wanted to keep things private, so never posted anything about his passing, But I think enough time has passed so people should know that a great callmaker has passed on.

Oh wow that is sad to hear.  I sure enjoyed my email conversations with Tom over the years.  I will treasure the calls he made for me even more.  Always appreciated his whit and sense of humor along with his call making ability.  My condolences to his family.

CMBOSTC

I hate to hear that. I had been meaning to get a call from him myself. He's in a much better place, thoughts and prayers to his family.

Chris

billy

I'm not a regular on the site. I just wanted to tell all of you that Tommy Laska was my uncle, my hunting companion for almost 45 years. He was a very gifted and private person. I called him uncle Hutch because of his Polish heritage. Hutch to tie I think means hello and goodbye. We shot many , many big bucks together. When I was young, I really had no dad. Tom taught me the art of tracking big majestic New England whitetails. He had a late life passion for the sound of turkeys . He was a master finish carpenter in his younger days. He built my first house for me. He loved his call making, and really got to make so many quality calls for people like Davis Love the III and President George W. Busch. My friend and yours has left us for a better place, I hope that the snows come early and the rut lasts long uncle Tom. HUTCH TO TI . Thank you all for enjoying his Lonefeather calls , I will hold my 4 calls close to my heart. Take care one and all . Sincerely Billy Snyder

KentuckyHeadhunter

Billy thank you for such a personal perspective.  I can tell in your words how much he will be missed.  You are welcome here anytime and we would love to hear anything you wish to share.  So sorry for your loss but always know that he will still be in the woods with you.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion