Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite turkey load of ALL time?????!!!!!!

Started by BINK McCARTY, May 06, 2016, 04:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcerin

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

albrubacker

12 ga WIN EXTD 3 1/2" 6 shot or 3 1/2" Hevi MB
20 ga Fed HW
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Devastator

I would have to say before i started loading,the FED HW 7's hands down in 10,12 3 1/2",12 3",and the 20

Gold Spur

Hevi-13, 3.5" #7's.  :OGturkeyhead:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

steveus

12 ga   Winchester 3" High Velocity # 5  1.75oz Copper plated lead.  Killer out to 50yds no problem.  Briley .665 choke

Buckeye_Strutter_935

out of my stoeger m3500 i love thw Win LBXR 3.5in. #6

out of my moss 935 i like Win. Supreme 3.5in #5s (old Fav.)
Feathers Fear Me

surehuntsalot

Winchester XX Magnum 3.5" 2-1/4oz 4's and 5's and the 3" versions
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BandedSpur

Quote from: steveus on May 17, 2016, 01:50:56 PM
12 ga   Winchester 3" High Velocity # 5  1.75oz Copper plated lead.  Killer out to 50yds no problem.  Briley .665 choke

Would love to see a picture of that pattern at 50.

Gobble!

greencop01

:camohat:  This may raise eyebrows but I have to say Federal 3rd Degree, I am impressed with the results this season.  :OGturkeyhead:

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Bowguy

Quote from: greencop01 on May 30, 2016, 10:30:35 AM

:camohat:  This may raise eyebrows but I have to say Federal 3rd Degree, I am impressed with the results this season.  :OGturkeyhead:

I've seen my buddys Browning silver throw some pretty great patterns with the 3rd degrees. If that was my gun its prob be my load

Bowguy

Quote from: Farmboy27 on May 06, 2016, 06:22:44 PM
Killed my first 5 or 6 birds with remington duplex 4x6. Guess out of sentiment they would be my favorite!  Most of the loads now days pattern way better. But they are the loads that are in my 870 this year. (Haven't killed a bird with this combo in 18 years or more!).
I used them a bit, can't remember exactly when but it was a bit. Still have a box somewhere

chatterbox

20 ga.  Federal Heviweight 3-1.5-7's.
I have been hunting  turkeys about 10 years now, and I saw 3 gobblers die from that shell this spring.
I have never seen birds go down in a heap like they do from that shell!
The bird I shot was right around 40, and he looked like he had been hit by a truck!
I will never go back to a 12. Those federals are devastating!

tha bugman

Remington Hevishot #4's. It blew my mind and sent me in a downward path..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greentag

Quote from: Bowguy on May 06, 2016, 09:23:02 AM
Gotta say the Winchester supreme. I've used em since the early 90s n they've never let me down
me too,when they changed the box i thought they had quit making them and went and bought every 3 1/2 inch box of 5 shot i could find.still my favorite shell.