OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite turkey load of ALL time?????!!!!!!

Started by BINK McCARTY, May 06, 2016, 04:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BINK McCARTY

Let's hear what everyone's mostest favoritests' turkey load of ALL time is??????!!!!!!
PLEASE,DON'T HOLD NOTHIN' BACK!!!!!!

davisd9

In 12 ga it was Hevishot 3.5 2.25 oz 6s until they decided to start playing with the loads and they lost their consistency.

In 20 ga it is the BIG20XL #9s! Just devastation! 

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WildSpur

I really like 3.5" mag blends. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Longshanks

Hevi 13     3.5/ 2.25/ 7's
Hevi 13     3/2/7's
Hevi 13    3/2/6's
Fed HW     3/ 7's
Win XX      3/2/6's
Win Sup-X 3/ 1 7/8 /6's

Bowguy

Gotta say the Winchester supreme. I've used em since the early 90s n they've never let me down

trkehunr93

Win HV 3.5" 5's
Hevi 13 3.5" 7's
Win XX 3" 5's

Ihuntoldschool

TrackeySauresRex

Lead,
Favorite old shells;
The old Feds blue and gold box.
Win HV's
Both 3-1/2" #5's out of the Ol Mossy

New Favorite;
** 3-1/2"  Hevi- Mag Blend 5,6,7

20 ga;
** 3" Fed #7's
3" Hevi #7's
:gobble:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Sand Man

Quote from: gobblegobblegobble on May 06, 2016, 08:32:29 AM
+1 for Big 20XL, #9s.

+2, TSS is a game changer in turkey loads.  Carrying around a youth model 20ga has been a dream come true.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Longshanks

I have seen amazing results for the last 25 years or so with folks hand loading lead, nickel plated lead, copper plated lead and Hevi shot.  Amazing patterns that were far beyond factory shells at the time.  The new craze is TSS and 20guages. I have only shot factory loads and I haven't felt the need to hand load. Too much money and time to get into loading. Have shot some hand loads and the results were inconsistent. The factory loads produced now are far beyond what is needed to harvest turkeys and easy to purchase. Shooting 270's to 330's in a 10 @ 40 with Hevi 7's has me scratching my head why folks would need to hand load turkey shells other than producing 20guage patterns for youth and hunters unable to shoot a 12 gauge.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Longshanks on May 06, 2016, 11:23:14 AM
Shooting 270's to 330's in a 10 @ 40 with Hevi 7's has me scratching my head why folks would need to hand load turkey shells other than producing 20guage patterns for youth and hunters unable to shoot a 12 gauge.

Cause we can!!!

My favorite load this year was 2.25 ounces of TSS 9's out of my 12. If I was shooting factory loads I'd go back to the Hevi 13 2.25 ounce 7's.

Waynesworld23

Best I have found for my gun is hevi 13 3/2/6 with a sumtoy .655
To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

owlhoot

12 Federal HW 7 3"
20 gauge 3" Federal HW 7's is the bestie best

drum817

Hevi 3.5" 2.25oz #7's .....until they messed em up.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"