OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Pants for the money?

Started by ncwoodsman, May 05, 2016, 11:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

I've worn the Tibbee II pants everyday I've hunted so far this spring and I'm loving them!

renegade19

Carhart bibs would be my choice.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

The browning Wasatch bottomland pants are a great product.  They'll hold up well and    are perfect in tone.

If also hunted the Tibbee 2 pants a lot this year and have been very impressed with them.  Probably have 10-12 hunts in the Tibbees and they are holding up well. 

I think Ol Tom gear is overpriced and will not hold up to intense use where briars and other prickly fauna persist.  I bought a pair of their turkey gloves earlier this season and they're junk.

supremepredator

I just went to Wal-Mart and bought a pair of cotton mossy oak break up pants for like 9 bucks after deer season closed. Btw go to Wal-Mart when Turkey season closes for hot deals! I got a funkey chicken, a crow call and a box call all for under 18 bucks!
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

ncwoodsman

I wanted to send an update to this thread. I ended up purchasing the Browning Wasatch pants and matching shirt in Bottomland and let me tell you the quality is very nice. They are a little thick, but from what I can tell well worth the money and should hold up well for turkey and deer. Thank you all for your opinions and feedback. I am very happy with my purchase.

goblr77

Quote from: ncwoodsman on May 10, 2016, 08:15:01 AM
I wanted to send an update to this thread. I ended up purchasing the Browning Wasatch pants and matching shirt in Bottomland and let me tell you the quality is very nice. They are a little thick, but from what I can tell well worth the money and should hold up well for turkey and deer. Thank you all for your opinions and feedback. I am very happy with my purchase.

I'm a little late to the party but those pants are the best cotton bottomland pants you can get your hands on. They're much better than the cotton mill pants. The tibbee pants are junk. When the weather heats up I suggest going with the ol tome duralite pants, now that trek lite is no longer available for MO. It's basically the same material.

nitro

Concur. I bought several sets of the Wasatch MOBU. The quality is there. Hope they don't quit making them.

Royal Slam 2008

Tunaguy

I saw at one time Dickies started making camo clothing but I've never see it in stores. I usually wear their pants and really like the way they wear. Not too heavy and they dry fast too. Anyone know if they still make camo?
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Fieldturkey

Are the wasatch pants actually cut to fit normal people? Everything from mossy oak is super baggy

SwampRooster17

The wasatch pants do fit a little big I wear a 32 in the waist and the small was a little baggy

Swampchickin234

Maybe I just got luck but I sure love my tubbee 2 pants. Worn the caro out of this year an still goin strong. Have 2 pairs of cotton mills.  Like em a lot.  Like the wasatch pants 2, and the ok tom.   Guess I have all of those. 

I reverse, wash on cold an hand wash on the washing machine, and I hang dry.  Idont have problems with fading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Britton40

Optics planet has them in stock on sale with free shipping. Just bought some.

goblr77

Quote from: Fieldturkey on May 10, 2016, 01:08:27 PM
Are the wasatch pants actually cut to fit normal people? Everything from mossy oak is super baggy

Yes, the Wasatch pants fit like your normal pair of pleated khakis. The mossy oak cotton mill 2's fit much better than the original cotton mill pants as well. The original cotton mills fit like parachute pants.