turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Pants for the money?

Started by ncwoodsman, May 05, 2016, 11:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

I am wanting to purchase some new Bottomland pants and possible shirt for next season.What pants would you recommend? Any of these below any good.Suggestions welcome, thanks!

Mossy Oak Men's Cotton Mill II Hunt Pants
Mossy Oak Tibbee II Hunt Pant
Walls 6-Pocket Cargo Pant Bottomland

Greg Massey

I just like the cotton mill. That's what i got from the Mossy Oak store. I got mine in green leaf. All these people who sell camo pants are so thin, if you hang them on something you have either a nice sagg or hole.

Bill Cooksey

I'm with Greg, but we hunt pretty similar terrain. I want the heaviest cotton I can get. It's kind of nice to walk through a bunch of briars and not worry about your legs bleeding and pants shredding. For the last six years I've been wearing a pair of prototype pants we made when I was at Avery. Very heavy cotton twill and reinforced with an extra layer at the primary contact points.

Basically, I want my turkey pants heavy enough to almost stand up on their own when they are new. Think about those kids jeans mom used to buy. Think they were called "toughskins." Obviously if all of your hunting is deep woods or open country, you would probably prefer the light, thin stuff. A lot of places I hunt, you are pretty well guaranteed to be bleeding just trying to get into the woods to start hunting.

ncwoodsman

yeah, I hunt alot in the woods as well with thick vegetation and am looking for some good cotton preferably. How has the Cottonmill held up for you?

Greg Massey

The cotton mill have held up pretty good. Just remember they are thin..Most of Mossy oak stuff is pretty thin. i just wear thin long johns if needed on those pretty cool morning turkey hunting..

ncwoodsman

Thanks fellas. I think I will be looking into purchasing some of the Cotton Mill and seeing how they hold up.

ilbucksndux

I have a couple pairs of the cotton mill pants. One pair has to be 8 years old. A little faded but I had them on this morning.
Gary Bartlow

ridge-runner

Check out the Browning Wasatch pants as well.It's a cotton twill material. I have a set in Bottomland. Good stuff.

J-Shaped

Quote from: ridge-runner on May 05, 2016, 01:08:17 PM
Check out the Browning Wasatch pants as well.It's a cotton twill material. I have a set in Bottomland. Good stuff.

If cotton is OK and you're looking for durability, go with the Browning Wasatch series hands down. I've got one pair in particular that I've had since 2010 and they've survived several deer and turkey seasons. Some of the new Mossy Oak pants I bought this spring are already trying to separate at the seams.

TauntoHawk

I love wearing first lite kanabs in ASAT really blends to the forrest floor and a greanleaf shirt which blends well against a trunk of a tree. the kanabs are durable as all get out, but can get a little wet if you dont take packable rain gear and hit some rain or wet grass.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

I have not had much luck with sizing in those pants too big or too small.  I got a pair of ol tom expensive but they hold their color, are tougher than you think and easy to layer up or down.  Nice pocket layout for me as well.  The box call holder fits my GPS just right in case I am wanting to not take as much stuff in with me. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.Kimzey95

Ripped my pair of cotton mills in the crotch area not 3 weeks into the season... Bought a pair of ol toms. I love them but they already have a few little holes from briars and what not not overly satisfied with either. Like the ol Tom layout though. They were on sale through Midwest turkey call supply recently though.

ncwoodsman

Lots of great feedback, keep em coming guys!

taylorjones20

I like the Ol Tom Technical Dura-Lite clothing.  It's worked very well for me this year...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

catman529

I like thin pants for when it gets hot. A size big so I can put other pants on underneath. I've been wearing the Ol'tom pants this season and love them. Paid $50 at the NWTF convention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk