OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rare Smoke Winged Eastern.

Started by Ol timer, April 26, 2016, 07:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Beautiful bird. Much respect for an old school bow bird. That's taking it to a very high level.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ol timer

Thanks everyone for all the responses, By far a special bird and one thing about turkey hunting you never know what your going to get out of the chocolate box, that's what makes it exciting.

J-Shaped

Stickbow98

Congratulations on a great hunt and a beautiful trophy. Found an article in Outdoor Life on a similar bird taken in Virginia in 2008.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/strut-zone/2008/05/mystery-gobbler
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

ccleroy

Hookinembig

Congrats on the awesome beautiful bird!

Ol timer

StickBow98.Thank you for taking the time to read my post and remembering about the article and sharing it with us. Its great when you can get any information on any abnormal animal, like my OP 35 seasons of hunting turkeys and 46 years of general overall hunting since the age of 14 and Never saw anything like what I have know, I feel we are all blessed when we harvest any wild animal but to have one that stands out from the rest is priceless.

Ol timer

I don't get to hung up on numbers when it comes to scoring. I don't hunt just to kill a trophy its great when it happens however, but here are the birds NWTF scoring #69.5

RichieD

Man that is one pretty bird.   One to mount for sure.   If you find out anything more about it please share with us!

TauntoHawk

beautiful bird! what pose are you thinking of getting? I think flying would show it off well

unique birds are always a cool trophy, it was awesome that you were able to target him and connect. Last year I killed a bird with double spurs on both legs but I knew nothing about them until he was dead, honestly i didnt even notice for the first 10min or so when I went to take a picture of the spurs for a buddy that I noticed the small secondary spurs.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ol timer

If i had the extra wall space i agree the flying bird mount would represent him the best. Dirt Nap posted one like mine also he got it done flying and looks outstanding. i wish i had a vaulted ceiling to go that route but decided to go the way he first came into view, this is what im going with.

Dr Juice

FANMAN

Stickbow98

Your welcome, Ol Timer. I agree with what you said 100%, and think you summed it up perfectly.  :icon_thumright:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

Ol timer

Folks I not sure what to think what is going on in my State of NJ this year but I got a text from a great hunting friend just now and look at what he sent me a beautiful Melanistic black.What a crazy start to our season here. Check this out.