OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Halloran crystal mistress  (Read 11185 times)

Offline LongSpur440

Halloran crystal mistress
« on: April 10, 2016, 05:40:41 PM »
I was thinking of getting a crystal mistress and I was wondering those who have had or have one would you consider it as good as it gets or average compared to some of the other glass calls? Also is it one of the better pots he builds?  Thanks in advance for any info.

Offline duckaholic25

Re: Halloran crystal mistress
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 05:43:17 PM »
I love mine

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 05:52:39 PM »
Great call

Offline jwright8

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 05:54:03 PM »
Anything from David will be great. That being said I think his mistress is one of the best crystals out there. Do not overlook his double glass, it is very underrated IMO

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Offline turkeymanjim

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 06:57:36 PM »
I have 3 of his calls. Crystal mistress, metal mouth,cackling Crystal. I think the Crystal mistress is the best sounding one to my ear.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »
I like mine.

Offline Spring Fever

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 08:02:16 PM »
You won't go wrong with any of his calls. But in answer to your question yes it is one of the best crystals out there imo and you wouldn't be disappointed. And hey if you don't like it put it in the classifieds,  promise it won't be there long.
 :turkey2:

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 08:11:01 PM »
I think it is one of the better ones out there. Pretty sure i will own one of all his pot calls before it's said and done. That being said,Jimmy Shaffer also makes a very good crystal call as well.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline The Cohutta Strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 09:03:25 PM »
You won't go wrong with any of his calls. But in answer to your question yes it is one of the best crystals out there imo and you wouldn't be disappointed. And hey if you don't like it put it in the classifieds,  promise it won't be there long.
 :turkey2:
X2.
Anybody seen America lately?

Offline 870BkWht

• The Boss Gobbler
  • West Virginia
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 09:54:04 PM »
I love crystal calls.  I have had the twisted sister and the metal mouth and I have the crystal mistress.  Its an amazing call and I feel its his best crystal call.  I also would echo one of the above comments and say that his double Glass pot call is very underrated and its a keeper as well.

Another call worth mentioning is the Orange Agate Crystal over Aluminum from Lon Trice.  Its way better than the Metal Mouth and about 20 bucks cheaper.

Offline Tombo

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »
Mine works for me

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 08:50:07 AM »
honestly the crystal mistress would be the only call you need to kill a bird. its a great call , but like many of us here , you will end up getting the bug and have so many pot calls that you will have a hard time picking the ones you want to carry day to day. as mentioned , lons orange agate crystal is a fine sounding call and is about 20 bucks cheaper. I had the mistress and ended up trading it and keeping the twisted sister. they were very close in sound but I was slightly partial to the sisters yelp. good luck.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »

I had the mistress and ended up trading it and keeping the twisted sister. they were very close in sound but I was slightly partial to the sisters yelp. good luck.

Same here

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
my first custom pot was a twisted sister and I dont think I'll ever get rid of it, no matter what I buy each year it always seems to make the vest. Often its just the sister and mad hen I for me on pot calls.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 11:28:40 AM »
Mistress was the first custom pot call I ever got. And it has been my go to call ever since. Its the best pot call I've ever played.