OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hardest kicking shell?

Started by agent eight seven O, March 30, 2016, 08:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

Fiocchi 3.5", 5s or 6s, 2.375oz. It's devastating to my shoulder.

TrackeySauresRex

No doubt for me the fiocchi 3-1/2 turkey load. Worst recoil ever,Never again! And there not even any good. It hurts just thinking about them. :'(
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Yoder409

Anything 2 1/4 oz or more in a BPS 10.

I'd shoot ANY 3 1/2" shell in a 12 ga single or pump and like it a WHOLE LOT more.........
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

owlhoot

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 30, 2016, 04:57:32 PM
No doubt for me the fiocchi 3-1/2 turkey load. Worst recoil ever,Never again! And there not even any good. It hurts just thinking about them. :'(
yep that's for sure 2 3/8 oz. of shoulder bruising knock your eyeballs sideways, rearrange your thought processes. Terror in a pump shotgun   :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy: :TrainWreck1:

Bowguy

I would never shoot one but the oversize/over pressure loads from Nitro would be my guess. How many loads have ever stuck in the barrel or blown a choke out? How bout somewhat regularly?

Tom Foolery

Meanest I've fired is the 3.5" Win HV 2oz loads.  Holy rattled teeth Batman!

The Woodsman

Quote from: Philippe on March 30, 2016, 03:59:19 PM
3.5 inch mag blends in the old non ported 835 with the stock buttpad.

AMEN!!! I can attest to that! I am not prone to recoil but two shots of these and I was thinking I could develop a bad flinch. That being said I did kill a gobbler that spring and never felt a thing but the other 2 shells will not be fired by me....

drenalinld

The 2-7/16 oz Nitro loads are the hardest kicking shell I've shot. Unreal!!! Ten gauge guns are heavier and although they move the shoulder it is not as sharp of a kick to me. Just my .02.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: owlhoot on March 30, 2016, 05:27:26 PM
yep that's for sure 2 3/8 oz. of shoulder bruising knock your eyeballs sideways, rearrange your thought processes. Terror in a pump shotgun   :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy: :TrainWreck1:

Yep that's the feeling!  Lolol! 
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jtg88

I've shot a lot of different loads in a Benelli Nova, including 3.5" Nitros, Win HV, Win XX, and Hevi 2.25 oz loads.  None of those hold a candle to a 3" Win HV or XX Mag out of a 12 gauge H&R Topper single barrel 12 gauge that weighs about 5 lbs, if that much.  It's the only gun I own that I struggle to shoot accurately due to anticipating that gosh awful thump.  That thing could out kick a pissed off mule. 

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on March 30, 2016, 03:31:42 PM
We bought some Federal with seems like it was 2&3/8 oz of shot. In a 3&1/2" shell.
That was the hardest kicking shell  I've shot.
Quote from: mlisandro on March 30, 2016, 04:19:29 PM

That's the load I meant to say. I was thinking Federal but it was Fiocchi.
My 835 paired with those was almost unbearable.

Bowguy

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 30, 2016, 05:05:08 PM
Anything 2 1/4 oz or more in a BPS 10.

I'd shoot ANY 3 1/2" shell in a 12 ga single or pump and like it a WHOLE LOT more.........
A lot of 3-1/2" 12 ga are 2-1/4 oz loads. The guns can weigh less, I've never shot turkey loads from a bps though.

paintbrush

Quote from: mlisandro on March 30, 2016, 04:19:29 PM
These!!!  Bought a box a few years back to try. Took one shot to try and all I have to say is never again!!  Slide me back a couple of inches on my shooting bench and took the forearm right out of my front hand. OUCH!! My buddies were laughing so hard at me that it brought tears to there eyes! I got the last laugh on them though as they each took one shot with them, and neither one of them will touch that load either! Both of those guys have about 80 pounds on me also. Who needs an elephant gun to kill a turkey! By the way, they didn't pattern worth a darn.

Gobble!