News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

COMFORTABLE ground cushions?

Started by lowoctane, March 07, 2016, 11:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

:morning:
More times than not, I have to squirm while I'm waiting for turkeys because of my uncomfortable seat cushion. Any users with good padding suggestions will be appreciated! Weight is an issue as well as portability 'cause I ain't getting any younger and the birds I hunt aren't that close to my truck! Thanks in advance. :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Hooksfan

I know you mentioned something lightweight, but I would highly suggest a gobbler lounger chair.  I was skeptical myself until my brother brought one with him to Missouri.  When he left, the chair stayed with me since his season was already over and I told him that chair was my guide fee for putting him on the birds.

Dtrkyman

wheel barrow innertube, put some green slime in it!

lowoctane

Quote from: Hooksfan on March 07, 2016, 12:08:06 PM
I know you mentioned something lightweight, but I would highly suggest a gobbler lounger chair.  I was skeptical myself until my brother brought one with him to Missouri.  When he left, the chair stayed with me since his season was already over and I told him that chair was my guide fee for putting him on the birds.
Looking to decrease my bulk now. :camohat:  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 07, 2016, 12:11:44 PM
Hmmm...Rocky where I hiunt. :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

sixbird

Quote from: lowoctane on March 07, 2016, 12:15:25 PM

Rocks shouldn't affect the inner tube...Briars will but it can be easily patched. If you know a seamstress or you are one ( ;D) a cover can be made of any material you choose and if you really wanted to get techie, some sort of cardboard/hardboard could be included to mitigate briars/rocks.
I can tell ya' this, it doesn't get more comfy and not much worth anything is lighter.
I've had one for years. Patched it maybe five times. Phenomenal!

stringtalker

The best thing I have found is one of those turkey lounge chairs. I have a bad back and can't sit on the hard ground. I don't use a vest either because I have never like them. Walmart has the turkey thugs lounge chair for $19.88. Best thing I have ever bought. It has a strap on it to throw it over your shoulder but I bought a cheap rifle sling and put on it and I throw it over my shoulder and neck and carry it on my back. I love It!!!!!!
Douglas

lowoctane

Quote from: sixbird on March 07, 2016, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: lowoctane on March 07, 2016, 12:15:25 PM

Rocks shouldn't affect the inner tube...Briars will but it can be easily patched. If you know a seamstress or you are one ( ;D) a cover can be made of any material you choose and if you really wanted to get techie, some sort of cardboard/hardboard could be included to mitigate briars/rocks.
I can tell ya' this, it doesn't get more comfy and not much worth anything is lighter.
Well, hmmm...like the lightness and the endorsement! I'm all about the "go for the dough"!   :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

What size tube do ya use? I'm 5'10" 240.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

wvlimbhanger

I've been in the same dilemma looking at cushions and have tried a pile of different ones over the years.  Two seasons ago I broke down and tried the Cabela's gobbler lounger, it's in a league of it's own.  A bit bulky or awkward to carry at times but the comfort more than makes up for it if you are a person that likes to set up on a bird and patiently work one.

GT623

Check out the Breedlove cushions.  It's an inner tube with a nice cover and carrying strap.  I'm looking forward to trying mine next week for the first time.

FullChoke

Quote from: sixbird on March 07, 2016, 12:26:48 PM
+2

I sewed a cover with belt loops for mine. I have never had to patch it one time in the 21 years that I have been using it. You can sit on it comfortably for hours if you fill it about half full of air.
FTW!  :camohat:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cwaggg

Hunt comfort fatboy. Expensive, but in my opinion after trying pretty much anything you can think of it's the best lightweight option. Inner tubes are great, but the briars are hard on them where I hunt. I have a browning strutter MC chair that is great on flat ground. However, it is heavy and bulky to carry and awkward on a hillside. I'm 6'5" and 340lbs and can sit comfortably for hours with the fatboy cushion.

eddie234