News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

COMFORTABLE ground cushions?

Started by lowoctane, March 07, 2016, 11:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade19

Quote from: cwaggg on March 07, 2016, 02:40:16 PM
Hunt comfort fatboy. Expensive, but in my opinion after trying pretty much anything you can think of it's the best lightweight option. Inner tubes are great, but the briars are hard on them where I hunt. I have a browning strutter MC chair that is great on flat ground. However, it is heavy and bulky to carry and awkward on a hillside. I'm 6'5" and 340lbs and can sit comfortably for hours with the fatboy cushion.

Fatboy for me too.  Expensive but well worth the money!  I hook the strap around my waste and kind of take it along like a butt pack.  Great product.

Uncle Tom

Iowoctane. can recommend a seat have used for several years now, and like you, got to have a comfortable seat waiting out that ole gobbler. Purchased this seat at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh N.C....several friends bought one and owner of the company cut us a real deal...cannot remember what we paid but long forgotten the price and well, you know how that is. If you will Google Cornell Hunting Products it will show a You Tube video of this seat...just looked at it with a friend this afternoon. We weighted mine this afternoon...5lb. 13 ozs....it is all welded aluminum...no screws to weaken/work loose. Has padded seat/back...pouch to carry calls/water bottle/etc....thought that was pretty neat. The padded carry straps are quick to throw over shoulder and you don't even know it is there. No adjusting when you drop on ground...just sit down...ready for the day. You will see 3 seats on video..the one with the short legs is the turkey seat. They are now made with adjustable legs...mine is several years old and legs do not adjust. You cannot wear this thing out...just as good as day I bought it. Game warden checked me one time and offered me way more than I paid for it...just had to have it...but did not let it go. Check it out..let me know if can help you.

lowoctane

Don't 'cha just hate a show off... :goofball:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

mudfeather

seriously...That is an inner tube that my wife made the cover for me...she sews and has an Etsy store. The trick is to find the right size tube and not to inflate it very much. The size I usually have to get ordered for me..not real sure of a number.....Its bigger than most trailer tires..It would be like a small car tire size..again only inflate it about half way or a little more...It will be the most comfortable seat you will ever find because your tail bone will be in the hole and not have any pressure on it..

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

Quote from: Uncle Tom on March 07, 2016, 07:42:56 PM
Iowoctane. can recommend a seat have used for several years now, and like you, got to have a comfortable seat waiting out that ole gobbler. Purchased this seat at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh N.C....several friends bought one and owner of the company cut us a real deal...cannot remember what we paid but long forgotten the price and well, you know how that is. If you will Google Cornell Hunting Products it will show a You Tube video of this seat...just looked at it with a friend this afternoon. We weighted mine this afternoon...5lb. 13 ozs....it is all welded aluminum...no screws to weaken/work loose. Has padded seat/back...pouch to carry calls/water bottle/etc....thought that was pretty neat. The padded carry straps are quick to throw over shoulder and you don't even know it is there. No adjusting when you drop on ground...just sit down...ready for the day. You will see 3 seats on video..the one with the short legs is the turkey seat. They are now made with adjustable legs...mine is several years old and legs do not adjust. You cannot wear this thing out...just as good as day I bought it. Game warden checked me one time and offered me way more than I paid for it...just had to have it...but did not let it go. Check it out..let me know if can help you.
Tried and died looking fer them... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Uncle Tom

Iowoctane, the address I found is Cornell Hunting Products...114 Woodside Drive....Honea Path, S.C. 29654 and phone # 864 369 9587. Like I said, go to Google and type in Cornell Hunting products and you can pull up a You Tube video of the chair, think it called a Huntpac. Let me know.

lowoctane

Quote from: Uncle Tom on March 08, 2016, 12:02:50 AM
Iowoctane, the address I found is Cornell Hunting Products...114 Woodside Drive....Honea Path, S.C. 29654 and phone # 864 369 9587. Like I said, go to Google and type in Cornell Hunting products and you can pull up a You Tube video of the chair, think it called a Huntpac. Let me know.
Found the vid but don't think they have a web site.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Dr Juice

Nice bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Tom

Have not seen a web site....address and phone #....might give them call and discuss whether they have a dealer in area where you could see it and if any literature out they could mail you. I believe it will support a large frame comfortably (I am 5ft 9" and 240 lbs) and could sit in it for hours with no problem. What you will like is the angle your body is supported...kinda like leaning back in a recliner...and absolutely no squeaks never...sturdy seat. You won't go hunting without it....I also use it for coyote/bobcat hunting/shooting stick...perfect setup. They are out of South Carolina I believe.

lowoctane

Quote from: lowoctane on March 08, 2016, 03:54:34 AM
Quote from: Uncle Tom on March 08, 2016, 12:02:50 AM
Found the vid but don't think they have a web site.
Called the number and it's no more...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Meadow Valley Man

I have a friend who can and does sit for hours in one spot.  He's happy doing it and has had some success.  But, he complained about his butt being sore.  So, as a joke I bought a small innertube and put in in a mossy oak tote I had, and sent it to him with a concocted letter form "Buttmaster Products"
Had a logo and the whole works.  The joke backfired.  He called me up and said he didn't know how they got his name, but he just loved the new cushion-even took it to work to show co-workers.

OldSchool

I'm going to have to do something different too. I've got herniated and ruptured disks in my back and neck, along with some other fun stuff and It's getting to the point that It's hard to sit for long without having to move. I took hydrocodone and muscle relaxers for a few years, but my Dr. retired and my new Dr took me off them. Nobody wants to take that crap, but they did help some and I miss having them at times. Especially when I've got a bird coming in and it feels like my spine is going to pop out of my back. It takes a lot of the fun out of it.

I hate to carry a lot of stuff, but I'm thinking one of these loungers might make things a little easier on me.

Bob

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

sixbird

Quote from: mudfeather on March 07, 2016, 09:42:33 PM
seriously...That is an inner tube that my wife made the cover for me...she sews and has an Etsy store. The trick is to find the right size tube and not to inflate it very much. The size I usually have to get ordered for me..not real sure of a number.....Its bigger than most trailer tires..It would be like a small car tire size..again only inflate it about half way or a little more...It will be the most comfortable seat you will ever find because your tail bone will be in the hole and not have any pressure on it..

I keep telling people about the inner tube idea. I have a vest from Cabelas that has that arrangement...Everybody that has listened and gotten an inner tube has been amazed at how comfy they are...The size to get is a wheel barrow size...They offer them with "slime" in them to resist punctures. If they do get briars in them, it's a simple and quick process to repair them...I've repaired mine maybe five times in the 10 or so years I've owned it...Don't think I've had a leak in five or so years. Just watch where you sit and clip off any briars...