OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Public or Private what do you hunt most?

Started by MK M GOBL, March 02, 2016, 10:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadow Valley Man

Public in Florida, private and public in Missouri and Wisconsin.  I was fortunate to get invited to hunt on 1100 acres in Missouri. In Wisconsin I have two adjacent farms of 720 acres that I hunt in the fourth period, and the later seasons are on public land.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ElkTurkMan

I have a 700 acre lease that borders national forest.  I would have to say I spend 80% of my time running around the national forest chasing birds, the other 20% or so would be on our lease hunting.

When I go out of state I almost always hunt 100% private land.  With that being said I wouldn't hesitate a minute hunting public ground out of state, I have just been fortunate to have access to some good private ground.

OldSchool

Probably 70% private 30% public for me. Like some of the others have said, between the other guys with permission and the ones that sneak in, the public land can be less congested at times.

I've been the only one with permission to hunt a smallish woodlot here for years, but that doesn't stop everybody and their brother from sneaking in. The way I look at it, even if a property isn't posted, and this one is, somebody owns it and I don't set foot on it without asking. I sure don't sneak in and hunt it if I'm turned down.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

BowBendr

90% public

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

suburbhunter

grayfox

jakesdad

All private here in Missouri. Public out of state,which hasnt been very often(or often enough I should say!)

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Rio Fan

darron

all private in Ohio. Picked up some more areas to hunt in the past month. Looking forward to scouting them.

FullChoke

I typically hunt about 85% public and 15% private here in Mississippi.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

BDeal

Mostly public. It is extremely difficult to get access in my area so the areas I do hunt are typically heavily pressured.

sps20

Public. Sure is fun to occasionally shoot
a bird everyone else had a chance at.
Regards
Turk       :fud:

Dr Juice

90% private, 10% public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WisTurk

About 85-90% public for me.  Do have a few decent public spots that don't get used much by others that I will head to from time to time.