OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cabelas Gobbler Lounger

Started by Will, March 01, 2016, 07:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEYWHACKER

Noooooooooooooooo!!! They can't be discontinued. Just found out last weekend I'm down to a 1 year old Predator Lounger and a new, in the box Gobbler Lounger. Wally World in my neck of the woods does not sell any kind of turkey gear, so I guess I'll have to wait for the 2.0 to hit the Bargain Cave to get a few extras.

IowaGobblers

Picked up mine in the cabelas bargain cave. Had a damaged box but nothing wrong with the chair. Walked out with it for $8

tha bugman

Quote from: eorlando on March 01, 2016, 08:16:23 PM
Never used the cabelas gobbler lounger but I do have a turkey thugs lounger from wal mart that is super comfy. Just picked up another one last week from the local wal mart for $19.80. Can't beat that.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snapper1982

Never used the cabelas gobbler lounger but I do have a turkey thugs lounger from wal mart that is super comfy. Just picked up another one last week from the local wal mart for $19.80. Can't beat that.

Bought both of my gobbler loungers for $14 after turkey season. I also have a turkey thugs. Had i wanted more walmart had those marked down to $12 after turkey season.

Mike Honcho

Just bought one...I see some naps in my future!

SKFOOTER

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on March 02, 2016, 02:18:46 PM
Noooooooooooooooo!!! They can't be discontinued. Just found out last weekend I'm down to a 1 year old Predator Lounger and a new, in the box Gobbler Lounger. Wally World in my neck of the woods does not sell any kind of turkey gear, so I guess I'll have to wait for the 2.0 to hit the Bargain Cave to get a few extras.
You can order it from their website. :OGturkeyhead:

Cut N Run

I have had back trouble for about 35 years and those web stools with the vest pad can only allow me to sit still for so long.  I end up with a back that hurts for twice as long as I hunted.  I have a pair of Gobbler Loungers  that I use every time I hunt.  I also have an Everywhere Chair that doesn't fold down as small as the gobbler loungers do, but is more adjustable and even more comfortable.  Both kinds of chairs are back savers that allow me to sit still for hours if I need to.  I'm so used to carrying the extra weight, it is no more of a bother than carrying a ThermaCell and is just as much of a hunt saver.

Even though I don't need another one, I like the idea of having a mesh back that the new Gobbler Loungers have.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

eorlando

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 02, 2016, 03:41:06 PM

Bought both of my gobbler loungers for $14 after turkey season. I also have a turkey thugs. Had i wanted more walmart had those marked down to $12 after turkey season.

I guess you can beat that then. Haha. I will have to be on the lookout for when they go on clearance.

jwright8

What is better about the Cabelas vs. Wal-Mart turkey thug?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Flounder

Got the Browning model. I don't leave home without it!! There is a place and time for everything we use.
I promise those with back issues, this is blessing. Had mine for a couple years.
The only problem, you don't want to get out of it.

SteelerFan

Good Lord... this place is costing me more money!

Looks like the chairs are all similar, Cabela's, Browning, Turkey Thugs. Congrats to you bargain shoppers that got great deals! I went with the Browning - mainly because I like the look of the detachable shoulder strap. Even at full price of $35... if it saves my back, it will be priceless!

For quick comparison, here are pics of all three.

g8rvet

I have 3 of them.  One place I hunt is field hunting only (small piece of property and I have killed a bunch of birds sitting on the field and being patient).  I carry it out on my first hunt of the year, wrap it in a garbage bag as I leave each day (and cover it with leaves).  Carry it out on my last hunt. 

The other 2 are for me and daughter when we are doing long sits.  I have a little fold up when that I use when run and gun is in order.  I got some cheap in an ugly color and spray painted them to mute the colors down.  I have issues with my back a little, but my tail bone cause me agony when sitting on a hard surface for very long, so it is a must have for long sits. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

snapper1982

Quote from: kyspurcollector on March 02, 2016, 07:28:50 PM
What is better about the Cabelas vs. Wal-Mart turkey thug?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I really can't find any significant structural difference to say one is better than the other. I do like the camo on the cabelas and it is slightly lighter but it isnt pounds just ounces.  However i am comparing the old cabelas chair not the new version. You really cant go wrong with any mentioned here.

JK Spurs

Quote from: SteelerFan on March 02, 2016, 08:26:13 PM
Good Lord... this place is costing me more money!

Looks like the chairs are all similar, Cabela's, Browning, Turkey Thugs. Congrats to you bargain shoppers that got great deals! I went with the Browning - mainly because I like the look of the detachable shoulder strap. Even at full price of $35... if it saves my back, it will be priceless!

For quick comparison, here are pics of all three.

Yep...I just ordered one! UPS has been to my house so many times the past few weeks you'd think it was Christmas here.
I like my turkey well peppered

maytom

Yep, I agree, these are the best things since sliced bread for waiting out a gobbler for hours on end. My tailbone got so sore after sitting on the seat cushion that comes with your vest, I tossed it out and got one of these. Haven't looked back since. :gobble: