turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cabelas Gobbler Lounger

Started by Will, March 01, 2016, 07:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I just received mine today in the mail. For those of you not sure about whether or not they are worth it, they are. You sit low to the ground and are leaned back just a tad. There's no doubt you will be comfortable sitting there.

2eagles

Yup. I ordered a couple of things from Cabelas around Christmas time. I got one of the items. The other was a gobbler lounger. They sent me an email telling me the order for the lounger was canceled. Not on back order, just canceled. No explanation? I figure the sale price was so low they decided instead of losing money, just cancel the order. Kinda made me mad, but I'm still a Cabelas shopper.

snapper1982

Many of us use them. They are a great chair and extremely comfortable

eorlando

Never used the cabelas gobbler lounger but I do have a turkey thugs lounger from wal mart that is super comfy. Just picked up another one last week from the local wal mart for $19.80. Can't beat that.

Cutt

Great for long sits, not for running and gunning to me. I usually take mine for field edge hunts where I'll sit for longer times. Covering any ground it stays in the truck.

Dr Juice

Nice. Aren't they a pain in the rear to carry with you when running and gunning?

turkeyfoot

can't wait till April 9th to try it out for first time

Fan Club

All valid points so far. I bought three of the Turkey Thugs version at WM for half price on clearance last year and they are boss. They are not designed for, or intended for running and gunning. If you've got a brush blind in a great spot, or a field edge where you've tagged a couple birds over the years, that's the place to use it. They are so comfy that they are nap worthy! BTW- whether you know it or not, you run and gunners are bumping more turkeys than you are seeing. That's just the way it is.

In my younger R & G days, I dumped the vest and decoys and took off with a mouth call, butt pad and my shotgun. I would have laughed at a Gobbler Lounger 15 years ago. Funny how age will teach you how to slow down and be a better hunter!

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee

dirt road ninja

Quote from: mlisandro on March 01, 2016, 08:40:27 PM
Nice. Aren't they a pain in the rear to carry with you when running and gunning?

A little bit, kinda of like carrying an extra gun, but to me they are worth the extra weight. They make my time in the field more enjoyable. If I feel I need to leave it and come back for it later I do.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: 2eagles on March 01, 2016, 07:43:45 PM
Yup. I ordered a couple of things from Cabelas around Christmas time. I got one of the items. The other was a gobbler lounger. They sent me an email telling me the order for the lounger was canceled. Not on back order, just canceled. No explanation? I figure the sale price was so low they decided instead of losing money, just cancel the order. Kinda made me mad, but I'm still a Cabelas shopper.

The Cabela's Gobbler Lounger was a discontinued sale item, (predator lounger as well) A New version was released for this year and is in their Turkey Catalog & website. The order was probably canceled because they sold out, they should have really said that was the reason. The new one has some better features

here's the link

MK MGOBL

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-gobbler-lounger-2-0/2229390.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dturkey%252Blounger%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=turkey+lounger

Gamblinman

Quote from: mlisandro on March 01, 2016, 08:40:27 PM

I put mine in the game bag. A tad more weight, but the comfort of hunting out of one more than makes up for it.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

2eagles

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 01, 2016, 09:54:16 PM
Quote from: 2eagles on March 01, 2016, 07:43:45 PM

The Cabela's Gobbler Lounger was a discontinued sale item, (predator lounger as well) A New version was released for this year and is in their Turkey Catalog & website. The order was probably canceled because they sold out, they should have really said that was the reason. The new one has some better features
here's the link

MK MGOBL

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-gobbler-lounger-2-0/2229390.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dturkey%252Blounger%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=turkey+lounger

True. When ordering online, Cabelas lets you know if an item is in stock, low in stock or able to be back ordered. They accepted my order so I figured the item was in stock. Silly me.

Tail Feathers

Looks like version 2.0 is heavier.  Shows 7 lbs on the link posted above for the Cabelas version.
My older Cabela's version is a little lighter than my Wal Mart Turkey Thug chair.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gobble!

Any time I have a long sit planned mine is going with me.

Neill_Prater

I bought my first one probably 5 years ago. Took me about 5 minutes to do the old "why didn't I think of this?" bit. I have always had problems with low back pain and my legs going to sleep using just a cushion or pad, and believe me, I have tried them all. Unless you are trained as a sniper, it is almost impossible to sit still if you aren't comfortable, and if you aren't sitting still, there is always the chance of spooking an unseen gobbler.

My hunting buddy in Alabama has always been more of the "run and gun" type than me, and I tried to get him to try a lounger the first year I had mine, but he wasn't interested. The next year I gave him one. Now, I think he is more likely to forget his gun than the gobbler lounger!  ;)

In reality, there are very few situations where the little bit of extra time involved in deploying a lounger is critical to the outcome of the hunt. In those cases, you aren't going to be sitting long enough to make any difference anyway. The weight, is, of course, a factor, especially on long jaunts, but I still find I very rarely go hunting without mine, simply because of the comfort factor when I do stop and sit for a spell.