OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New turkey slayer ready to roll!

Started by Borden811, February 27, 2016, 11:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

I finally have everything put together and ready. Just need some warm weather to hit the patterning board. I picked up a used m2 tactical, and then swapped the mag extension out for a regular magazine cap, picked up a 21" barrel(deep cleaned and ready to go), took off the ghost ring sight, added a weaver rail and an aimpoint 9000sc in aimpoint rings, took off the comfortech stock and added a steady grip with a limbsaver recoil pad and a God-a-Grip cheek pad/comb riser. I've got a case of longbeard 3" #4s, and two cases of Hevi 13 Mag Blends to pattern thru a Wrights No. 3, Sumtoy .650, a Kicks Gobblin Thunder .655, a Primos Jellyhead .660, an Indian Creek .665, a Pure Gold .670, and a Hevi 13 Dead Coyote Choke.

I'm confident I'll end up with some killer patterns out of a couple of those combos. I think I'll call her "Black Death". Come on spring!!!

the Ward

Nice rig! Looking forward to your patterning results!   

paboxcall

Quote from: the Ward on February 27, 2016, 12:28:38 PM
Nice rig! Looking forward to your patterning results!   

I agree, nice job.  Anxious to see how those combos work out.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Farmboy27

sounds like you have a lot of patterning to do!! Great looking rig and with all the chokes and loads ya got to test I'm sure it'll be a real slayer!!  Nice gun and good luck.  Keep us posted with your results

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Mike Honcho

Borden811

Thanks guys. I'm excited to shoot her and see what she will do. Been using a SBE II the last 10 years or so, figured it was time for a change. It's only supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow, but I might get out and shoot a bit anyway. I'll post the results when I make it to the range.

lowoctane

Hope ya have a "Lead Sled" instead of yer shoulder... :TrainWreck1:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Dr Juice

Borden811

No lead sled here, just a couple sand bags and a lot of beef behind the trigger. Recoil doesn't really bother me, and it'll be cool enough if I shoot tomorrow I'll have a hoodie on over my tshirt.

Izzyjoe

Man, that's a cool M2, I love the looks of them, just wish I could afford one! When you get time post some pics of the patterns, I'd like to see how it does!

maytom

Very nice set-up!!! Aimpoint is rated #1 for red dot sights. The military uses them exclusively....let me know how you like it!!!

lunghit

Great looking gun you have there. I have an Aimpoint 9000SC on the way and cant wait to get it all dialed in.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

perrytrails

Nice set up, You will be happy with it for sure!!