OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sinclair brass

Started by jed clampett, February 21, 2016, 05:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jed clampett

Does anyone have a sound file with one of John Sinclairs brass pots?

Strick9

I don't but think he does on his new website.. I will say this.. His brass pot just took number 1 seat in my vest.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

JLH

Yep....sound files on the website....

www.johnsinclaircustomcalls.com

And I'm with stric9....the brass can do it all....and sound so sweet doing it too!

jed clampett

I was on Johns site an the only sound files I could get to open was crystal an copper

Strick9

Go to his site, then to sound bites, its there at least on my view.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Smooth_Operator

One of his brass pots will be in my vest opening day as well. That thing will do it all, very good sounding pot...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

outdoors

I CAME ACROSS SOME CLIPS OF JOHNS CALLS ON YOUTUBE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

jed clampett

Thanks to all the guys that gave me some input on Johns brass calls...got a 3 in cocobolo brass with yellowheart and gaboon ebony strikers ..thanks again

JLH

Quote from: jed clampett on February 22, 2016, 01:54:06 PM
Thanks to all the guys that gave me some input on Johns brass calls...got a 3 in cocobolo brass with yellowheart and gaboon ebony strikers ..thanks again

That's as good as it gets right there!

Be careful....his calls have a way of multiplying...

Spitten and drummen

aint that the truth. started with a 3" cocobolo brass , then got a 3-1/4" cocobolo titanium and a 3" mun ebony brass.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

JLH

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 22, 2016, 03:40:52 PM
aint that the truth. started with a 3" cocobolo brass , then got a 3-1/4" cocobolo titanium and a 3" mun ebony brass.

Well, you have to have a copper....and maybe his new acid etched crystal...hehe

He played a 3.25" slate over slate the other night for me and man,.that sounded sweet!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

870BkWht

I started my Sinclair collection this year in January with a Gabon Ebony Titanium over Slate in 3.25'' with a yellow heart striker.  I liked it so much I had to have a brass.  I also talked him into making me a ceramic.  The brass is cocobolo and the ceramic will be argentine osage.  I'm looking forward to playing them.

They are on their way to my house as I type this.

jed clampett

I got lots of good calls but have a feeling this brass might be the first one out this year and I am already thinking of a titanium..ceramic...your killin me.let us know how it sounds

JLH

Quote from: 870BkWht on February 22, 2016, 06:57:42 PM
I started my Sinclair collection this year in January with a Gabon Ebony Titanium over Slate in 3.25'' with a yellow heart striker.  I liked it so much I had to have a brass.  I also talked him into making me a ceramic.  The brass is cocobolo and the ceramic will be argentine osage.  I'm looking forward to playing them.

They are on their way to my house as I type this.

Why did you have to say ceramic?!?

Now I have less money in my pocket than I did before I read this.....have a ceramic being built for me this weekend, should have it by next week!

Btw....he said your ceramic sounds killer!