turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

UNICOI 2017

Started by M Sharpe, February 21, 2016, 08:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

The dates for the Unicoi Custom Call Makers Show have been set!! Those dates are January 13th & 14th. Unicoi is already accepting reservations for the show. We will be extending the hours on Friday. That specific time is still up in the air right now, but I'll post it as soon as we decide what time we want to kick it off.

I would like to thank all of you that came out to help make this first year a success. It takes more than just call makers to make these things successful!!! But, without the call makers, you would not have been there either. We still promise to keep this show custom calls and custom knives. That way you don't have to wade through all of the other stuff to get to a custom call or knife maker!!

This year we had 60 vendors that showed up. We are going to spread the tables out just a bit and go with 64 tables. The guys that were set up this year will get an automatic first shot at being there next year. Two thirds of them have already responded back saying they would be there again next year. I've also started an alternate list that will be used to fill the spots of any of those that do not elect to return next year. I've already got quite a few names on that list as well. I will be posting that list of call makers in the near future!!

Thanks,

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

slicksbeagles1

Thanks Mark your the man :dancingturkey: :dancingturkey: :dancingturkey:

Spitten and drummen

awesome. thanks mark. me and wife made reservations yesterday. they are almost completely booked up already. if you are planning to go and get a room , you better reserve one quick.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

strutnrut

Unicoi State Park is booked up. I got the last room tonight. If you are going you might want to get a room booked

ol bob

There are still some rooms call the lodge direct.

strutnrut

You are correct Bob the booking agent lied. Just got my second room. Thought Robert was going to have to sleep outside.  :TooFunny:

Will_price

Member of The Tenth, since 2005

M Sharpe

I've heard reports that they are full. If you call, 800-573-9659 or 706-8782201 to book your rooms, you should be able to book.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

BEARD HUNTER

I call Unicoi today to make reservation, I dial the 800-573-9659 number and it said to leave a message or go www.unicoi lodge.com. Went to the web site and put my dates in and it said no availability for these dates that you have requested.

Me and Mark are trying to get this solve with Unicoi. If you want to make reservation, for right now you will have to call 800-573-9659 or 706-878-2201  and press 0 for the operator and tell the person you want to make reservation for the Unicoi call maker show in Jan 2017 at this time they have rooms available.
When a Turkey is ready to commit suicide you can't stop him.

M Sharpe

I talked to Ms Chambers today. She said they had swapped software a few weeks back. She said everything should be good to go!! Just remember the promo code "turkey" for the online booking. If you have any more problems, let me know; or, do as Russell suggested. 0 goes to the front desk for reservations.

West Augusta

Just made my reservations tonight.  Can't wait.
It was a blast last year. 
Follow us on Facebook or
On Twitter at @Unicoiturkeycallshow
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

Made our reservations for the Lodge. They are about out of rooms there but still several rooms available at hotels in town. Should be a great time.

M Sharpe

They still have rooms available. All of the king rooms are gone, have a few queen rooms left, quite a few doubles left, as well as the loft rooms. (1)1 bedroom cabin and (11)2 bedroom cabins are still available.  REMEMBER if you call to make the reservations, tell them for the UNICOI TURKEY SHOW!! If you book online, the promo code is TURKEY!!! Ms. Chambers and myself have been going over the reservation list, and picking out the ones that we know are coming for the show, and putting them over into the show list. That way you get the discounted rate. We don't know all of you!!! If I only know you by "turkey killer 101" or whatever you use on these forums and don't know your real name, you are going to pay the regular rate. But if you use the promo codes, I don't need to know who you are...you get the reduced rate.

Mark Sharpe

M Sharpe

I've been going over the vendor list for next years show at Unicoi. That list is looking pretty good!! We'll have some new faces there this year, but their names have been in the call making business for a while now. We've lost a couple due to conflicting dates and one retiring from the business. They will be missed, but have stated that they will probably be there in attendance!
Those show dates are January 13th & 14th. Friday's show will open up at 9:00 am and run 'til 6:00pm. Saturday's show will open at 9:00am and run 'til 5:00.

Mark

M Sharpe

Here is the latest on the show. As it stands right now, we have the 3rd floor and the 2nd floor rented. We have until 90 days out to relinguish the second floor. We've had a growing number of people asking about wood suppliers and other materials, choke tubes and this such a thing. This second floor will be used for such as this. If you know of someone wanting to do this show and is a custom made item that pertains to hunting and the outdoors, contact us here about a vendor space. There will be NO turkey calls on this floor. There will be no flea market items here!!! All things must be hunting related!! No camo bags that are mass produced, no camo clothing, none of this type of stuff!! All must be CUSTOM made!!! If you build holsters for box calls, if you build turkey totes, and etc., etc., then this area is for you!!

Also, I've been on the phone with a lot of the guys about an idea that Drew Garrett had. It is a box call makers round table. This will be a seminar about how the calls have changed down through the years and a chance to ask these guys questions about box calls. As of now, that list of call makers is Russell Beard, Lamar Williams, Darrin Dawkins, Steve Mann,Bob Harwell, Billy Buice, Marlin Watkins and Richard Hudson. I've still got a couple to contact on this subject. We want some from all different style of box calls.