only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is your smallest Tom wieight wise

Started by turkeyfoot, February 20, 2016, 07:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

17ish but he beat on my Jake like a big boy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WildTigerTrout

In 2002 I killed a mature tom that weighed 15.5 pounds and had a 11.5" beard! Longest beard to date.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

owlhoot

17 lbs.  1 3/8" spurs
have killed a jake that weighed 2 lbs. more in north MO.
they don't weigh them anymore or have check in stations.
Friend of mine killed one 14 lbs with 1 5/8 spurs while hunting with me, neat looking bird
looked like an old old ridgerunner.

Roost 1

15lbs eastern, 11"bd, 1 1/4"sp first of May several yrs ago. He still made the ground shake when he gobbled..

Bwk

I killed one about 20 yrs ago that weighed 12 1/2 lbs. But he had a 12 ' beard and 1 3/8 spurs! He didn't look very healthy, we didn't eat that one...

TURKEYWHACKER

14 lb Osceola with 10" beard and 1 1/8" spurs

Birdman

May 2008 shot a 16lbs tom with a 10 3/4" beard and 1 1/4" spurs

mikejd

Mine is 17 but my dad on the other hand. His best Tom was actually his lightest bird'

He shot a brute 12" thick paint brush beard 1 3/8 hooks but the bird weighed in at 14 lbs.

PALongspur

15 1/2#, he came from the northcentral bigwoods of PA. Our camp killed several longbeards that year under 16#, including one that was just under 14#.

yelpaholic

Last year I killed one with 1 5/8 spurs that weighed 14.5 lbs  he was the dominant tom in the area...he would gobble decent on the roost but would hush when he flew down.. that was in mississippi

Cottonmouth

My lightest weighed 15 lbs and had 11 1/2" beard and one spur that was 1 3/8 " long . The other was broke off. No feathers on his belly. I hunted him for 3 weeks and he would shut up if he heard any call I tried. I ended up setting up on a food plot close to where he was rooster and I just scratched leaves for 2 hrs before he flew down and came in the plot silent. He was covered in bird shot and a couple of his toes were broke.  Old Mississippi bird.

Spitten and drummen

Killed a southwest mississippi Eastern in 1994 that barely tipped the scales at 14 pounds. Had a thick 11" beard. He had a nub spur on one leg and a 1-3/16" spur on the other. I think most of my birds that I have killed down here average less than 20#. The heaviest was right at 24lbs. And I have killed way more than my share of gobblers.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

GobbleNut

I have a very old and rusty, spring-operated scale,...similar to what a lot of the guys in the contest use to weigh their birds,...and I have never weighed a bird with it that was under 25 pounds!   ;D :toothy12:
I have weighed a few on a digital scale, though, that weighed in around 15.   :angel9:

gotcha

13#,mature bird.Its not uncommon for a swamp turkey on public land to only weigh 12-14# by end of spring.Private land birds tend to be a bit heavier due to supplemental feeding.

kyturkeyhunter4

I killed a mature tom at Land between the lakes in ky that just weighed 14 pounds with a 11 inch beard. The smallest mature tom I ever killed in Kentucky by far.