turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many strikers

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, February 14, 2016, 10:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

How many strikers do you own ? I have 71 layed out in the pics.

My biggest reason for this thread is how do you keep em..Thinkin about making something to hold em all..Right now they are just sitting in big stadium cups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLH

Well, not as many as you....but I usually carry about 6.

When they're not hunting they stay in a couple mason jars to hold them.

Double B

I have an embarrassing number.  The quality in the pic trumps my quantity  tho.....but I am picking up some nice ones lately.  Rock on!   :you_rock:
Followed by buzzards

WV Ridge Reaper

You guys are makin it sound like I have a striker problem haha!!!

I only carry 4 when I hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packmule

I have 2

many  :TooFunny: 

The ones I run a lot are in glass beer mugs on a dresser where my good pot calls are.  The others are in some small cardboard boxes.  Those are nice ones you have in the photo.

Double B

You had me going Pack.  Nice spacing......I thought I had a problem but now through years of gentle  therapy, I understand that I am not alone or even abnormal for that matter!  That was not me cross PMing the wrong recipient because I NEED MORE CALLS AT 2 AM!!!       :TooFunny:
Followed by buzzards

packmule

wvmntnhick

That's good packmule. Probably only have about 15 strikers. Most what I use are customs. Carry 5-6 in the vest as that's what it'll hold. I've given lots of them to my nephew to play with as I retire the factory jobs. In fact, only have one factory striker that even sees use at this point. I believe it came with a primos bamboozled glass call. That striker runs quite well on about every surface I've put it on.

Va3toes

WOW! Maybe eight if I can find them all.

davisd9

10-15 and only 5 in my vest

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Mike Honcho

About a dozen, couple more on the way.  I have more of a choke addiction than strikers, but am thinking that photo of 71 strikers looked pretty good!

decoykrvr

Several hundred of every imaginable wood and tip surface.  I've made strikers utilizing over 56 different woods and usually carry @ 10 while hunting.  I won't go into the woods without 1) Massaranduba 2) Ipe 3) Hickory 4) Maple
5) Cedar 6) Corian tipped striker 7) Pink Ivory 8) Cane Creek Cotton Mouth and whatever runs on the pots I'm carrying.
Other great strikers are: Chinaberry, Walnut, Cherry, Australian Cypress, Dogwood, Magnolia, Black Locust, Verawood, Yellowheart, Zebrawood, Tulipwood, Purpleheart, Bocote, Mesquite, Osage, Cocobolo, Bubinga, Wenge, Ebony, Padauk, Lacewood, Red Oak, Jatoba, Sassafras, Rosewood, Persimmon, Mulberry, Bloodwood, Pecan, Australian Red Gum, Canarywood, Olive, Mountain Laurel, Boxwood, American Holly, Brazilian Cherry.  A little tip: Some of the hardest and most dense hardwoods are also very oily and won't run well or w/ any repetition if you don't first soak the tip @ 1", in acetone to pull out the oils prior to carrying in the field.

Full strut

my lord... i thought i had alot of strikers lol i keep mine in tall mason jars

West Augusta

I'm not sure that I can count that high.  :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

I have 6 or 7..............hundred. I am telling you, it's a sickness.