News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many strikers

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, February 14, 2016, 10:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: hunter22 on February 24, 2016, 09:26:30 PM
I have 6 or 7..............hundred. I am telling you, it's a sickness.

I'd figured you would have a fancy sit up on how you keep em,so I could steal the ideal haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter22

I have 3 to 5 strikers matched with each pot call I own and keep them together in a zip lock bag or in a call case. When I decide the calls I will carry that day I put that call in a zipped case with loops for the strikers.

troutfisher13111

I don't know how to store that many, but if you ever want to get rid of some of those one piece Hallorans, let me know!

firedup

Nice pic!  Lots of winners there.   ;) I refuse to count em.  Just like calls.  I am better off not knowing for sure.  I DO KNOW EXACTLY the 4-5 I will carry tho.  The A grade ones get stored in a couple of special coffee mugs for quick access and display.  The rest....on shelves, in cabinets, plastic tubs. How bout a real nice walnut (or cherry) wall board with holes drilled at a slight angle?  Maybe mounted under a tail fan? Make a great conversation piece in the man cave.   

wmn2

I have 3 right now. Purpleheart, cherry, and laminate. Will carry all 3 this season. Looking to get a cedar soon and some more. I want more strikers almost as bad as I want more pot calls.

Dr Juice

I have about two dozen and carry at least a dozen in my vest. I could always you another one ... :-)

chefrific

I noticed you have a couple of Harold Fowlers at the top.  Not only are Mr. Harold's the BEST, hands down, but it helps that he is the salt of the Earth as well. 

I'm a sucker for strikers.  Probably have 30 or so. 

New Yorker

I have hundreds, but I make them, like this snakewood striker. Looks like snakewood is missing from your collection.

WV Ridge Reaper

Indeed,no snake wood in my lot of strikers..I ran a few at the convention last year and couldn't find one that made me want to pay the price asked.

I prefer a two piece striker,my favorites are Jimmy Schaffer's,Houndstooth and Del Crow makes the only one piece strikers that I like a lot.

Wildfowler

I've had mine in jars and wanted something different, messed around this past weekend and made a stand out of a block of old maple.  This one holds 30, gonna have to build another for all my others.

eorlando

Quote from: Wildfowler on March 02, 2016, 08:58:51 PM
I've had mine in jars and wanted something different, messed around this past weekend and made a stand out of a block of old maple.  This one holds 30, gonna have to build another for all my others.

Great idea. I really like that. How much to make me one???

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Wildfowler on March 02, 2016, 08:58:51 PM

Very nice!

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Cut N Run

I have about 20 strikers & carry 3 in my vest to go with one glass and one slate pot.  If I can't get it done with those, my longbox or mouth calls might.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Dr Juice

Quote from: New Yorker on March 02, 2016, 06:55:30 PM
I have hundreds, but I make them, like this snakewood striker. Looks like snakewood is missing from your collection.

Beautiful looking striker.

troutfisher13111

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 02, 2016, 07:08:42 PM
Indeed,no snake wood in my lot of strikers..I ran a few at the convention last year and couldn't find one that made me want to pay the price asked.

I have a Snake wood by Neal Herman I would trade for a couple of those Halloran one piece. Specifically the black limba and padauk...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk