OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mixing camo

Started by southern_leo, February 14, 2016, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern_leo

I mainly own mossy oak like obsession and realtree style camo. Since I'm getting into turkey I'm starting to like bottomland. I'm probably going to purchase the mossy oak elite vest. But worried if I got it in bottomland and have obsession or real tree underneath it may make my vest standout. What's yall opinion? Have yall mixed bottomland with other camos? Also considered the middle ground and getting greenleaf.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

buzzardroost

It will only matter to you, not the turkeys. I like being matched myself for some reason but the turkeys aren't going to notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Quote from: buzzardroost on February 14, 2016, 09:58:18 AM
It will only matter to you, not the turkeys. I like being matched myself for some reason but the turkeys aren't going to notice.

100% right there.

Turkeys don't care as long as they don't see movement, they don't care what's out there. Camo is made to appeal to our eyes and yes turkeys see color but it's all about "movement".

MK M GOBL

southern_leo

Ok thanks. I was wondering but wanted confirmation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Agree the turkeys don't care what your wearing. We care what he's wearing that beard and spurs...

jwright8

Quote from: buzzardroost on February 14, 2016, 09:58:18 AM

I agree 100% with this.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

TRG3

Correction, please...While it may not matter to the turkey, it will to your wife who will utter something like..."You're not going to the woods looking like that, are you? Those don't even match!" Been there...Just my 2 cents worth...

WisTurk

I wear mismatched camo all the time and they don't seem too concerned about it.  As others have said, movement (or lack thereof) is the key.  I figure if you can plop a blind in the middle of an ag field and stick out like a sore thumb and still not bother the birds, then you should be good to go no matter what you've got on.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: TRG3 on February 14, 2016, 11:15:04 AM
Correction, please...While it may not matter to the turkey, it will to your wife who will utter something like..."You're not going to the woods looking like that, are you? Those don't even match!" Been there...Just my 2 cents worth...

Agreed, and have to match for "photos" for product shots too, playing the "Hat Change Game"

MK M GOBL

30_06

I'm not sure my camo has ever matched when I wear a vest.
I do prefer to wear a 3d suit though so generally speaking my camo usually matches.

outdoors

I WHERE CAMO  TOP ONLY AND JEANS BOTTOM
MY EXPERIENCE IS MOVEMENT ......   :funnyturkey:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

BillBlanks

From my experience, I have to agree with all the other guys on here.  I've never noticed a difference mixing camo patterns.  Only exception would be 3D camo, which will further help break up your silhouette.

Happy

Camo choice isn't that critical. I actually prefer camo that has faded a bit. It seems to blend better. Used to be a big advantage timber guy. Now I only buy mossy oak but still wear some old Realtree from the 90's. Movement is what catches their eyes more than anything. Some of the leafy wear may help you get away with a little more but I have no experience in that dept.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tomstopper

Whatever is clean is what I wear.

wvmntnhick

I tend to wear a moth wing 3d suit when things green up later in the season. It helps with the outline. I don't wear it prior to that simply because it's got a lot of bright green in it. Kinda had the feeling it wouldn't matter much seeing as how the turkeys walk right by the stand during rifle season while I'm wearing blaze orange but it makes me feel better to blend in better. Everyone has mentioned movement. That's the key right there. Keep it to a minimum and you could wear fluorescent pink if it makes you feel better.