only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mixing camo

Started by southern_leo, February 14, 2016, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Fluorescent Pink?  Don't think most would take it that FAR  :lol: :lol:

wvmntnhick

Why not? Not secure enough in your masculinity? Lol.

All joking aside, there's at least one state (can't recall which one at the moment) that already passed pink as a "hunter safe" color. It can be substituted for hunter orange. If that catches on, it'll resonate well with my little girls. They'll be begging to go just so they can wear pink.

Back on topic here, I'll mix anything camo wise so long as it says mossy oak on it somewhere. Kind of became brand loyal to them years ago.

greentag

it doesent matter at all about camo choice,the main thing is to be still,they pick up movement very easy but they could care less what your wearing,ive took off after work and killed them many times not wearing camo but i did try to hide better and set up to were when they come into sight they would be in range.but as far as camo i feel i can sit more in the open,even though most of the time mine dont match either.

Va3toes

Double B

Clearance priced camouflage always works best for me.  I do own a gillie top and it is nice in blending on brushy edges tho.   The gillie was on clearance too if anyone  was wondering.    :z-twocents:
Followed by buzzards

bbcoach

Turkeys don't care whether you are straight or a cross dresser.  They only pick up on movement and things that are bright and out of place.  Wear dark colors, stay in the shadows and limit your movement and you'll have success.

Gooserbat

Most of my turkey are killed with me wearing army bdu pants and what ever camo long sleeve T shirts.  I have one turkey killing budy who wears olive/ tan carhart carpenter pants and he kills 10+ toms yearly.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

M Sharpe

There is absolutely no way you should ever mix realtree and mossy oak!!!  :TooFunny: You want ever kill a gobbler with that combo!!! And urban camo mixed with hunting camo won't work either........ :TooFunny:
But blue jeans and an old woodland BDU jacket will work just fine!!! Or a pair of green dickies with the same jacket will also work. I use both of the latter!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

WisTurk

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 14, 2016, 04:04:31 PM

All joking aside, there's at least one state (can't recall which one at the moment) that already passed pink as a "hunter safe" color. It can be substituted for hunter orange. If that catches on, it'll resonate well with my little girls. They'll be begging to go just so they can wear pink.

Wisconsin did this

Cane Cutter

If he gets close enough to see what camo your wearing he better be flopping....
Bringin tha boom to ya room!

GSLAM95

With several different camos I must admit that I don't care as much these days what mix and match makes it out that day.  It is usually whatever has been treated with Permanone the most recent and has the least amount of stinch depending on how far along into the season I am. :you_rock:

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.