OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Mouth Call Maker?

Started by Honolua, February 07, 2016, 11:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honolua

I have had some great results with several different mouth call makers... I really like Woodhaven but they seem to have been hit and miss on their glue lately (Last year). Having said that, even though many of their mouth calls require a pretty healthy set of lungs to get the reeds to move, they are all mostly pure turkey.

I got a real great call last year and I can't remember the manufacturer (which often happens).

Who is your favorite and what model do you like best?

I will say Woodhaven Toxic Orange (Ghost)

Remturkey

I wish I had back all the money I've spent on mouth calls over the years. I'm sure I could buy the shotgun of my choice. I guess I'm just a sucker for trying any call to see how it sounds. Bit year after year I always come back to my ole stand by, the Raspy III from Mountain HollowGame Calls.

Bowguy

I used mouth calls almost exclusively as a kid, I still run all sorts but last year I tried Hooks, great calls n the easiest I ever ran. They run small, if you want full size tape you gotta write that in order

BABS9

Woodhaven's are my favorite... Especially the Red Wasp

headshot870

I'm a fan of Legacy. My favorites are the Leading Lady & the Fatal Attraction.

wvlimbhanger

Ran a Woodhaven copperhead for years until they got too proud of their calls and jacked the price up.

Now i run gooserbats and I really like the hillbilly and bacon.

eddie234

My favorite mouth calls come from gobblers choice (Martin Bros.)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

GobbleNut

This is a bit off of the subject but it is an important point for the new guys.  This is for the new mouth call users here that are most surely totally confused by all of the different recommendations: 
Forget the brand.  It is the call itself that is important.  If you are just starting to use mouth calls, find some cheap ones with different reed cuts.  Buy a few and try them out until you find what works best for you.  Don't waste your money on buying expensive mouth calls thinking that they will be easier to use,...or better.  Buy cheap calls,...learn how to call first. 

Dtrkyman

FullChoke

I have had great success in the past few years with the Executioner 2 from Hooks calls. Consistently high quality, great sound and reasonably priced.  :icon_thumright:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Devastator

Scott Hook for me,he just built me a half dozen of his devastators with prohp on the bottom that are out of this world!!

SteelerFan

Quote from: Bowguy on February 08, 2016, 03:40:24 AM
I used mouth calls almost exclusively as a kid, I still run all sorts but last year I tried Hooks, great calls n the easiest I ever ran. They run small, if you want full size tape you gotta write that in order
X2 Hooks / Executioner II

Stickbow98

I keep coming back to the Primos True Double.  :icon_thumright:
It just fits me better and runs more consistently than any other....IMHO! 
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

devin4484

Favorite 2 so far legacy triple bypass and K&H preacher.  Probably pick up some hooks at convention this weekend.

darron

cane creek cane cutter. Only call I have tried that I can sound decent with.