OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lon trice calls

Started by Mossberg835, January 23, 2016, 09:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg835

What is your favorite pot combo from him?  Looking at getting one from him and looking for opinions.

Gobbleandgrunt

I have to say his aycrilic glass call is my favorite so far. I have four of his. Ordered another one today.

Jgarrett

Birdseye maple slate and glass set, then his acrylic
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Gobbleandgrunt

But... They all sound great.

worth612000

On his acrylic calls. Is the color just a preference or is there a density difference in the acrylic?

Gobbleandgrunt

Same sound. Clear is more exspensive.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

When playing the black one at Unicoi I was surprised at the weight of the call and he said the clear ones were heavier.

Thundermtn

I have a BE maple double glass that I like a lot from him. It's my only lonzo's so I don't have anything else of his to compare it to.

bowbird87

1. Acrylic aluminum and glass
2. Bubinga and katalox glass
3. Birdseye slate

He also played me a video on his phone of a orange agate glass that sounded amazing.

Stump.270

I have a alumina with aluminum soundboard in yellow heart that will get a bird to gooble 5 miles away it can get really loud it takes chalk on the striker to run it but man is it a great locator and windy day call

Jgarrett

Quote from: Gobbleandgrunt on January 23, 2016, 10:57:25 PM
But... They all sound great.

I agree 100%.  I've never heard a call of his I didn't like.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

spurz

Anyone know if Lon will be in Nashville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennett

He will be there but he doesn't have a booth this year. He said he would be hanging out at the outfitter's booth that he guides some for. I don't remember the name for sure but I think maybe it's God's Country Outfitter's.

Swather

He makes good calls.  The first one you should buy would depend on what you need in your tool chest to fill any gaps.

His bronzed glass in cocobola might be my favorite.  It brought a turkey to my lap the first time I ever used it.

goblr77

Padauk Crystal
Acrylic Glass
Irene