Lon trice calls

Started by Mossberg835, January 23, 2016, 09:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgarrett

Quote from: goblr77 on February 10, 2016, 11:50:28 AM
Padauk Crystal
Acrylic Glass
Irene

Yeah Irene, which one was that from him?  I can't remember.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

REBELYELL

Quote from: Jgarrett on February 10, 2016, 08:22:04 PM
Quote from: goblr77 on February 10, 2016, 11:50:28 AM
Padauk Crystal
Acrylic Glass
Irene

Yeah Irene, which one was that from him?  I can't remember.

BE maple pot glass over slate

Jgarrett

Lol, okay well I have that
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

gar

Waterfall bubinga bronzed glass. It is what he won one of his DD Adams awards with.

goblr77

I pulled out the acrylic aluminum last night and played a bunch of strikers on it and found a couple that made it right. That call is growing on me.

worth612000

I have a cocobolo glass and an Osage aluminum that are good. I never heard of a bad call from him.

Spitten and drummen

I picked up 2 more from him while in nashville. A crystal in waterfall bubinga and a glass in orange agate. His pot calls are just turkey. That makes 6 of his pots I own. Still , something about the acrylics I just really like.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

greentag

i got a clear acrylic slate from him while i was in nashville,this one looks different than  any i have seen,the side has a machimed strip around it where you hold it,and the bottom is machined,the only part that is polished is a strip around the bottom,and the part above and below the machined part around the call.it sounds great too.

grayfox

I've got a Osage Orange Slate from him years ago & it's still my favorite slate call. Called in a gobbler with it the first day I took it to the woods.

Spitten and drummen

every pot that he sells is turkey. when you get to run a bunch of them like I diid in Nashville , its hard to pick one.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

greentag

yeah,i was there forever trying to pick one,i finally just went with pretty,ha

Clardh

I got the clear acrylic glass with the same machining that greentag had. I also went with looks. All his calls do sound great. I wanted another crystal call that had a strip of yellowheart in the middle of the pot. Lon Trice is a super guy. We talked for a half an hour. Great Guy!!!

greentag

Quote from: Clardh on February 15, 2016, 08:52:08 PM
I got the clear acrylic glass with the same machining that greentag had. I also went with looks. All his calls do sound great. I wanted another crystal call that had a strip of yellowheart in the middle of the pot. Lon Trice is a super guy. We talked for a half an hour. Great Guy!!!
i almost bought that crystal call with the yellowheart strips in it,that call sounded great,but i have so many crystal and glass i figured i would get a few more slates this year.that call was hard to pass up though.i dont know what kind of wood it was,it was kind of reddish if that is the same one your talking about.

Clardh

That's the one. I am second guessing myself by not buying it. I loved the sound as well and Lon said if I liked that, try his acrylic. I went to him looking for his acrylic calls. It was a hard decision but that one call I keep thinking about. He told me the name of the reddish wood he used and I forgot what he said.

Roost 1

I think it was waterfall bubinga but it could of been cocobola....He told me the story behind it. I was also surprised it didnt sell. Lon told me he did not have a very good weekend selling calls....IMO he was the best that was actually set up selling calls. I think alot of Brad Robert's calls but he didnt really have one that I just had to have....