OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

looking for a good rio hunt for 2016

Started by reflexl, June 09, 2015, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Any recommendations on a good rio hunt? I am starting early to have my ducks in a row.

Clif Owen

I'm looking for one too. Are you planning to use an outfitter or just find some public land?

reflexl

Considering both. Leaning towards a outfitter due to time constraints.

duxrus

Windmill Outfitters in OK

Four of us went a few years ago and everyone tagged out. One bird had some serious 1.5" hooks

Gooserbat

Rawhide Creek in western OK, or Stuart Ranch in SW Oklahoma.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

LI Outdoorsman

TL guided hunts in Oklahoma
Been there twice killed 4 birds

fountain2

I'm going to say Brian johns..I met him off of archery talk....zmax hunter on there.  He runs a nice outfit. 
Call him at 785-392-7230

jepcho

Quote from: fountain2 on June 10, 2015, 05:31:30 PM
I'm going to say Brian johns..I met him off of archery talk....zmax hunter on there.  He runs a nice outfit. 
Call him at 785-392-7230
I hunted with Brian this year and am already setup to go hunt with him again next year. He is a great guy and really knows his land and his birds. He has became more than just a guide but a good friend as well.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

West Augusta

I'll vote for Windmill outfitters in western OK also.  Good folks.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

Hard to beat Rush Creek Outfitters in Wheeler, TX. Their goal is for you to fill your tags and they will work until you do.

mgm1955

Quote from: hunter22 on June 10, 2015, 08:17:57 PM
Hard to beat Rush Creek Outfitters in Wheeler, TX. Their goal is for you to fill your tags and they will work until you do.
I'll second that. Been hunting with them about ten years with a group of guys and everyone always tags out. Good guys.

reflexl

JK Spurs

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 10, 2015, 10:39:28 AM
Rawhide Creek in western OK, or Stuart Ranch in SW Oklahoma.
Stuart Ranch....had a blast, 4 of us at camp and smoked 8 Rios in 2 days.
I like my turkey well peppered

Cove

I say go public. Whats the time constraint? There is WAY to much awesome Rio country to have fun in without paying the guides.

Jim K

i hunted with Rut&Strut guide service out of Elk City this spring. My buddy and I tagged out in 2 days. We were shown 3 properties to hunt and then turned loose. We had a great time. Todd Rogers is a great guy and I would highly recommend him.