OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

looking for a good rio hunt for 2016

Started by reflexl, June 09, 2015, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xtrema30

man no doubt Prarie Thunder Outfitters no doubt.

cuttinAR

Big NO to Windmill Outfitters.  Had been there before and hunting was good but this year it was pretty bad.  Still some turkeys around but I'm not sure we were out before the birds flew down one time in three mornings.  Also got dropped off at a few small properties with no room to roam and we just had to sit and deer hunt them. 

Keith is a good guy but unfortunately it seems he has lost his fire.  Understandable, it would be tough to be an outfitter.  Just sharing a recent experience.  Of the 6 of us at his place, only 2 birds were killed.

hunter22

I have hunted at Windmill Outfitters for three years and filled 7 tags. The first year it was a 3-bird hunt. But I have also seen some real good turkey hunters go there and not fill a tag. It is a 2 1/2 day hunt and you have to be back to the truck by 6 or 6:30 in the evenings and it does not get dark until 8:30. So your time is limited as compared to some other hunts. But the food/accommodations are excellent and there are birds there if you are taken to the right properties.