OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

i will never buy mossy oak again after reading this

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, May 03, 2015, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

WV TURKEY THUG

WV TURKEY THUG

Quote from: JBIRD22 on May 03, 2015, 09:05:21 PM
Both writers of those articles are either sponsored by or work Mossy Oak. What do you expect them to say? They are promoting the product. Nothing more, nothing less. BTW, might want to PM Old Gobbler and ask him to change your name while you're at it. It'd be a shame for your username to be associated with Mossy Oak too.. :TooFunny:
wow just now noticed that. yea i am sleep deprived big time. i guess i better get some sleep and rethink things. probably explains this morning when i fell asleep in the woods this morning and woke wondering how i got there and were i was at luckily i figured out were i was at after a few min just glad i dint get hurt. or hurt anyone i know of. its crazy how lack of sleep messes with your memory.

J Lacey

You wouldn't hurt Mossy Oak by not buying their camo. They got paid when the garment company bought the heat transfer paper to print the material.  I know this from personal experience, when you walk in there to get a lic to produce a product the mossy oak guys are like "hey jump in the truck and we'll run down to the cafĂ© and have lunch first".  You walk in Realtree and see what they say.........I wear mossy oak and only purchase Realtree if the item does not come in Mossy Oak, like my scope or snake boots. ....As with most things you gotta sort through the crap in this old world. More important things to fret over...... Hope you have a good season.
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

Muzzy61

Quote from: Fieldturkey on May 03, 2015, 08:08:11 PM
People rob banks everyday in realtree. You never hear about it tho cause they're invisible.
.          :TooFunny:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

TRG3

Like a lot of guys who have hunted over the years, I've got my stack of old camo that's faded and lost a lot of it's effect but won't ever get thrown away. I counter that by wearing my favorite old stuff but covering it with a leafy cut-out outfit of some sort where the old stuff doesn't show through. Works like a charm!

fsu33952

I have said this once and will say it again. It is a miracle that we ever killed turkeys back before all these different Camo patterns. This is one of those ford vs Chevy discussions.staying still is what is going to do it. We used to wear tie dye and army surplus and killed turkeys. I had four jakes just about step on me the other day in Missouri and I was wearing three different patterns. Those turkeys are looking for other turkeys and not you. If you don't call too much and too loud he might not know exactly where you are. Make him walk around look for you. That will get him killed quicker than fancy camo patterns.

Boydawg

mudhen

I have said this before, and I'll say it again:

"Need" has nothing to do with hunting gear.  I can buy meat at the meat store.

Now, "want", that's a different story!

Old School?  Funny, since we are all shooting turkeys that came from a cardboard box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Cut N Run

I'm pretty sure my Mossy Oak makes me invisible too.  One morning on the way to hunt with my best friend (56 years of turkey hunting experience between us), I stepped off into the edge of the woods to relieve myself then eased back onto the path to wait for him. It was still dark and we had a few hundred yards to get to our set ups.  He walked up the path and was standing 4 feet from me, then he called my name in a loud whisper.  When I said "Right here." he almost relieved himself where he stood. He asked what pattern and brand of camo I was wearing because he couldn't see me at all. He bought himself some Bottomland later that day.

I also have a magic Mossy Oak hat that I won in a contest.  I've only worn it hunting 3 times and killed gobblers each time. Ta-Da! 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

kjnengr

I must be doing it wrong then.  I need to buy some new camo so that I can ease right up to the roost tree. They won't see me even if I  :jackson:

SCGobbler

Send me all of your Mossy Oak Camo!

I can put it to good use.  He meant invisible figuratively, not literally.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

WV TURKEY THUG

after  good nights rest i re read it and i still wont buy from them again. ive heard it was made in china anyways

BigBen81

Quote from: WV TURKEY THUG on May 03, 2015, 07:50:54 PM
anyone have any suggestions on a good camo brand

I have some camo called ninja stealth, and it really does make me invisible

WV TURKEY THUG

Quote from: BigBen81 on May 04, 2015, 01:37:19 PM
Quote from: WV TURKEY THUG on May 03, 2015, 07:50:54 PM
anyone have any suggestions on a good camo brand

I have some camo called ninja stealth, and it really does make me invisible
gonna have to look into it thanks for the info