OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum call recommendation

Started by Jgarrett, April 12, 2015, 12:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgarrett

In the market for an aluminum call, just seeing what everybody else likes to get a good idea of different options.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

ridgerunner

I have an Al Holbert "Enticer" that's an aluminum, sounds great.. Lonnie Mabry makes an awesome sounding aluminum call..I also have a Alan Sentell New Moon Caller, Cherry pot sounds great..those are my top three.

Jgarrett

Quote from: ridgerunner on April 12, 2015, 06:28:29 AM
I have an Al Holbert "Enticer" that's an aluminum, sounds great.. Lonnie Mabry makes an awesome sounding aluminum call..I also have a Alan Sentell New Moon Caller, Cherry pot sounds great..those are my top three.
Yeah the only aluminum I have is the wet one aluminum and I really like it, just looking for one or two more aluminum calls, so I have some options
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

deja vu

Bill Lyman, aluminum in a bacote pot.... as good as any.

Cutt

In all the reading I have done looking for the ultimate Aluminum call, Platz, Lonzo and Atomic 13 seem to be the top favorites.

Yelper

I ordered one from one from Sean. He has his ad here on Old Gobbler. Should have it tomorrow and let you know how it sounds.
http://www.gobblerdown.com/products/turkey-calls/the-mistress/

MikeStaten

Bill Lyman, Lonnie Mabry, Kimmy Hanks, Clint Corder, Jimmy Shafer all make really nice ones.  I guess it depends what type of sound you are looking for.  For example, my Hanks and Shaffer calls are real screamers with a high pitch and plenty of rasp.  Whereas, my Lyman and Mabry calls have a more natural turkey sound to them.  This isn't to say one is better than a other.  Also, this is to my ears, you may find they sound different to you. 

scoot12

I have a lot of aluminum calls and my two favorites are Dawkins walnut and my Platz cherry.  I hate to say it but my Woodhaven vision aluminum is right up there also.  The atomic 13 is good and so is Bill Lymans wenge aluminum.  It depends on what type of aluminum surface you are looking for.  Scoot

TauntoHawk

I really like the atomic 13, enough so I sold or traded my halloran maple aluminum and hooks assassin aluminum pots.

Jimmy might have some that he can ship out right away but i can say for sure I haven't talked to him in a few weeks and they go fast.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowguy

mspaci

I run a Lyman wenge aluminum, he makes em in the plain aluminum. As good as it gets. I am not a fan of anodized.  Mike

MG150

Quote from: mspaci on April 12, 2015, 04:12:06 PM
I run a Lyman wenge aluminum, he makes em in the plain aluminum. As good as it gets. I am not a fan of anodized.  Mike

I have a Lyman Bubinga aluminum,Pure turkey

Jgarrett

So many choices, I've got a cherry aluminum Platz on order for next year and a Mark Cornelius red heart aluminum....can't wait....if anyone has an atomic 13 or Lonzo aluminum the let me know, I would be interested in buying.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Jgarrett

So many choices, I've got a cherry aluminum Platz on order for next year and a Mark Cornelius red heart aluminum....can't wait....if anyone has an atomic 13 or Lonzo aluminum the let me know, I would be interested in buying.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

mossyhead

I don't have one but I would like to try a Darrin Dawkins Aluminum