turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth wash

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 30, 2015, 08:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I know that you are not suppose to use mouth wash with alcohol on mouth calls.  My question is what name brands are made without alcohol? 

I ran some mouth calls yesterday and within an hour had a scratchy throat and today it is still there.  The problem is I used 4 mouth calls so I don't know what one caused the issue.

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

TauntoHawk

I have a big bottle of Crest no alcohol no dye mouth wash I got at wal-mart..

Thats Why I started using it, I would always get a scratchy throat during turkey season  :character0029:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowguy

Some of the store brands. They usually say alcohol free on front

jblackburn

Quote from: Turkeyman62 on March 30, 2015, 08:27:05 AM
Listerine

I think Listerine is all alcohol, which is why it burns like rinsing your mouth with moonshine.

I think Scope is alcohol free, but you'll need to read the label to be sure.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Listerine Zero, for one.

stinkpickle

I use the Crest Pro-Health stuff.  In a pinch, I would use alcohol mouthwash also, but I would make sure to rinse it all off real good after about 20-30 seconds.

Turkeyman62

Quote from: jblackburn on March 30, 2015, 10:02:51 AM
Listerine

I think Listerine is all alcohol, which is why it burns like rinsing your mouth with moonshine.

I think Scope is alcohol free, but you'll need to read the label to be sure.

Nope. Rapscallion Vermilion has it right  :icon_thumright:
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

cornfedkiller

I bought some that was the Walmart brand.  Equate or whatever it is..

Prohunter3509

just use it straight or diluted

Tony Harris

Might not be the right way to do it but I use the regular mouth wash and then rinse the call in my mouth with fresh water. So far no issues and I still have some calls a couple years old.

Marc

Listerine

21.6% alcohol...

As a teen doing volunteer work at a geriatric facility, first thing we were told was not to bring in Listerine, cause the residents would drink the stuff to get loaded...

How about using dish soap (such as Dawn)?  That is what I am currently doing...  And using a toothpick or plastic fork to rinse and get between the latex...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

jblackburn

Quote from: Marc on March 30, 2015, 01:01:03 PM
Listerine

21.6% alcohol...

As a teen doing volunteer work at a geriatric facility, first thing we were told was not to bring in Listerine, cause the residents would drink the stuff to get loaded...

How about using dish soap (such as Dawn)?  That is what I am currently doing...  And using a toothpick or plastic fork to rinse and get between the latex...

right now I'm picturing someone yelping with bubbles coming out of their mouth  :turkey2:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Dr Juice

I've used mouthwash with alcohol in it as long as you let them sit in water and room dry prior to putting them in the frig.

tomstopper

Quote from: jblackburn on March 30, 2015, 01:04:13 PM
Quote from: Marc on March 30, 2015, 01:01:03 PM
Listerine

21.6% alcohol...

right now I'm picturing someone yelping with bubbles coming out of their mouth  :turkey2:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: