OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

True killers, not pretties or favorite sounding.

Started by Strick9, March 27, 2015, 10:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strick9

Nope,  I ain't talking about which one sounds the sweetest or looks the prettiest.

I am talking about which pots consistently kill for you, which are the most undeniable blood thirsty pots out there time and time again.

For me it was an old BudnBettys, now its the Hot Hen with a diamond wood from Wendell.   
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

KentuckyHeadhunter

Actually for me its a Roberts Brothers glass over slate.  I can't afford to take this pot out of my vest.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Model 37

Ocoee Ridge Runner

Spitten and drummen

I change them out so much I haven't got one that I know of. I do know I have a old lynch fool proof that has accounted for more birds than I can actually count. it stays with me every day of the season. my crystal mistress has put a end to a few though.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

captin_hook

My old Cody pot always comes with me. I've had it since I started turkey hunting

Tom Foolery

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on March 27, 2015, 11:52:27 AM
Actually for me its a Roberts Brothers glass over slate.  I can't afford to take this pot out of my vest.

Same here, mine looks like I drag it behind the vehicle to the woods but it's a stone cold killer.

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dirtnap

Vision crystal of mine.  Gobbler 336 can back me up.  It kills turkeys.  I would hate to fathom a guess at how many.  I know one year it was 27.

Snoodsniper

WillowRidgeCalls

My old Death Wish, bronze glass/cherry pot has been the demise of a lot of old gobblers for the past 8 years.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

Jgarrett

Hard to dispute a wormy chestnut roberts brothers with a purpleheart striker.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

jed clampett

My go to pot for about the last 6-7 years is a lonzo zebrawood glass has killed quite a few its a little raspier than most his other pots

mspaci

my old walnut slate, one of the first ones I ever made. Has accounted for many birds as has its sister that was turned the same day & owned by another member here. Mike