Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

True killers, not pretties or favorite sounding.

Started by Strick9, March 27, 2015, 10:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Quote from: mspaci on March 28, 2015, 10:46:12 AM
my old walnut slate, one of the first ones I ever made. Has accounted for many birds as has its sister that was turned the same day & owned by another member here. Mike
Gee I'm not sure who has that call but I do know that 15-18 birds were called to the gun using it for family and friends. :turkey2:

Strick9

The green glass Outlaw Hen laid down a three year old yesterday , struck him at 530 pm he flopped briefly at 6:15 pm.  All on film text book. The good Lord knew what he was doing to men when he made the Turkey and the the gobble !
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Thundermtn

My old hs wood witch pot with a purple heart striker. Played real soft, just purrs and clucks with that call dropped a bunch of my birds.

blueridgegobbler

knight and hale ole yeller the old green pot first call I ever owned and still carry it now as my old faithful.

scoot12

Quote from: blueridgegobbler on April 01, 2015, 09:25:48 PM
knight and hale ole yeller the old green pot first call I ever owned and still carry it now as my old faithful.
[/qu

man blue ridge,  I have been looking for the original ole yeller in the green pot for awhile now.  I wonder how many old mom and pop stores have a few hanging there and don't know what they have.  They sell for quite a bit on ebay.  Scoot

ote]

blueridgegobbler

I would buy more if I could find them you're right about ebay the are high. I look in every little store I go into.

Tomspur

I bought a glass call from a guy in Alabama 5 years ago called "come heah to me" Not a Lady. His name is Donny Richards. That call has been the demise of over 20 gobblers and is down right deadly.
I also have a couple of David Halloran calls that aren't too bad either. The crystal mystress and the twisted sister have been absoulutely all turkey.

West Augusta

Quote from: scoot12 on April 01, 2015, 09:30:10 PM
[/qu

man blue ridge,  I have been looking for the original ole yeller in the green pot for awhile now.  I wonder how many old mom and pop stores have a few hanging there and don't know what they have.  They sell for quite a bit on ebay.  Scoot

ote]

I retired mine last year and had them sign it at Nashville.

I still have one green pot still in the package but am not going to open it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Roost 1

My old Pat McClure walnut\glass been getting it done for 20yrs, paired with a Harold Fowler purpleheart striker.

jmart241

my old yella green base has been the end of many gobblers for my family and i cant wait to get my hot hen & outlaw hen  out this season

Stump.270

I can say I have killed more turkeys with a primos power crystal more than any other I have it still but the glass is loose I always ran with the h.s strut rosewood striker I had it since I was 17 but now the mistress is the first one out of the best with either a lights out dymondwood or woodhaven strike 3 birch flair tip

mikejd

Quote from: West Augusta on April 02, 2015, 07:27:00 AM
Quote from: scoot12 on April 01, 2015, 09:30:10 PM
[/qu

ote]

I retired mine last year and had them sign it at Nashville.

I still have one green pot still in the package but am not going to open it.

I am not retiring mine. she still has alot of killing yet to do. Best part about that call is the surface sounds the same no matter where you strike it. No off notes when in bad possitions or using one hand.

dzsmith

hey guys, im new to this forum. anyway to answer the question...I bought my first glass call this year. its made by magnolia game calls which is a Mississippi company. it has killed two birds for me this year and it has called up at least 8 this year. lynch fool proof has killed several birds for me as well
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

perrytrails

Power crystal. Simple, deadly.

I'll tell ya another solid production pot.

MAD super Crystal made by flambeau. $20 or less. No sound board in that pot.

Toss the strikers that it comes with in the trash and run that pot right in the center with your own.

Pure turkey...

Jbird22

My Cody Envy glass that I bought YEARS ago has more kills to its credit than all of the pot calls I own combined! I didn't take it to the woods a single time this year though...hmmm