OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos: Truth About...Primos?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 15, 2015, 12:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Is Primos a legitimate outdoor company who's honest goal is to produce quality outdoor equipment, or is it just another brand trying to sell stuff to make money?

I know they have to sell stuff to make money, but are they just throwing anything out that will make a buck, or are they known for making quality, consistent equipment?

The reason I ask is that I enjoy the Primos Diamond Cut and am pretty good with it, which I cannot say for any of the other brands I am trying to use. I would like to get a few more Primos calls/products, but don't want to support another "big box" company that is just out to make a buck at any cost.

I am not bashing Primos, or any other company, with this post. I am merely trying to learn.

WildTigerTrout

IMO Primos has fallen into the same trap as many other outdoor companies. Wilburs turkey calls are what made the company. His first call  in 1976 was the "True Double" which is still made to this day. I have killed a number of old gobblers with it and it's a good product. Now they are marketing alot of gimmicks to make a buck. Sad but true. M.A.D. calls did the same thing. They went from good quality and effective calls to gimmicks.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Marc

The goal of any business is to expand and make more money...

I would not hesitate to purchase a product I liked from Primos, and in my opinion they make some good products.  But they are no longer a small company catering to the individual needs of hunters...  You want that, get some custom calls.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

jordanz7935

Unfortunately,with all of the big call companies,their main goal is to make money.I honestly believe Primos is one of the better big companies out there. I think Primos along with Quaker Boy make the best "production" turkey calls. Ive owned a lot of primos products over the years and I've been happy with all of them. If i had to recommend a call from a big box store, it would most likely be a primos.

alclark2

Unfortunately, these companies stack em high and sell em cheap to make more $$$ on the bottom line.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Old Gobbler

I know there must be many companies that are very jealous of Mr Primos , they won't admit it but they are , givin the opportunity they would throw themselves at the opportunity to expand their operations beyond just game calls - who wouldn't want to be a millionaire ?

he started small and grew the company , I'm not to big on his mouth calls ,but I'm sure his mouth and friction calls have killed more turkeys than anyone we are aware of

Not a big fan of the flashy marketing , but I guess it pays the bills - the man has it made in the shade

There are two other large companies that got into the game call and their marketing is plain out wrong in my opinion - at least Mr Primos doesn't promote 70 yard shots at gobblers like some other folks do  ::)
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Dtrkyman

Primos is owned by a marketing company nowadays, been a few years since they were owned by Will, I guess they just use Will for a consultant and a way to promote through there tv shows and videos.

I still think they are making some quality items, as far as big brands go they are tops imho!

wvlimbhanger

I echo the statements above, when it comes to big box brands, Primos is the best.  Their heartbreaker box call is one of my favorite boxes.

Swampchickin234

I used to like primos a lot.  Past couple of years I beleive they have gone kinda downhill, but like others have said, they are probably still my favorite "big company".  I like a few of there calls, some facemask a and gloves, and I never had a problem with there vest when I owned it.   I refuse to by anything flextone named, I don't want any mad products either.  But I would buy a primos call again if I thought I needed or wanted it.   It wouldn't be my first choice, but I would by from them before many many others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

I've been a Primos fan for many years and prefer their products over most competitors  :turkey2:

owlhoot

If i had to buy factory, theirs would be the first choice.

mudhen

Good items are just that...I don't really care who made them, or what their motives are....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

sbraham

They have a quality product for the most part but more importantly they stand behind their calls. I had a power crystal and half the sound board just died of sound and they sent me a brand new one....no questions asked. the rep i spoke to who spoke American English said they will stand behind all their calls

snapper1982

They make good products.

I hope none of you guys are blaming Will for the last few years marketing as he does NOT own the company.

tha bugman

I don't know if this is still the case but their customer service was awesome!  I remember when I did send something back to be repaired that they always put a little something extra in the return box.  So glad that they still make the True Double and True Triple!