turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sights for Benelli SBE 2

Started by brimmyfish, March 11, 2015, 07:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brimmyfish

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on choosing the best sight option for my SBE2. I had looked into putting a scope base on my SBE2 but I've heard the plastic plugs are aggravating to get back in once they are removed. I hunt several things with this shotgun so I didn't want to leave a base on it year round. I have tried saddle mounts on other guns but they didn't feel very solid to me. Any suggestions? Is there something that I'm not considering? Or should I find a good set of rifle sights for this gun? Thanks in advance!!

reynolds243

Speed bead with a ff3 mounted on it. I actually keep mine in to dove hunt and really like it

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

brimmyfish

I like the concept of the speed bead but the ones that Ive shot I didn't like it being so close to my eye. I guess it's a mind thing that messes with me.

beagler

I have an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope on my SBE 2 and love it.
Never Misses

reynolds243

Quote from: brimmyfish on March 11, 2015, 08:29:17 PM
I like the concept of the speed bead but the ones that Ive shot I didn't like it being so close to my eye. I guess it's a mind thing that messes with me.

i thought the same at first but it was like it wasnt there after a short time of using it on dove.

60grit

I just put a Speedbead on my M2 and like so far. We'll see for sure in about a week.

brimmyfish

Thanks for the responses. I'll be doing some research on the speed bead this weekend.

brimmyfish

Ok guys the more I have researched the speed bead the more I am wondering if I want the 8 MOA dot or the 3 MOA dot. I think I would rather have the 3 MOA so I could also use it on my AR Later on, but the only way I can find the combo is with the 8 MOA dot. If I purchase them separately it'll be close to 300 bucks. Has anyone else also thought about this or am I the only one?

reynolds243

I bought mine separately and have the 3moa so not sure

"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

brimmyfish

So would you recommend the 3 MOA over the 8? Have you had any trouble picking up the dot on bright days?

reynolds243

3 is perfect for me. I like aim small miss small and no I've never had an issue picking it up in any light. The 8 is just way to big for me

brimmyfish

Got it ordered. Hopefully both pieces will be here by Friday. Thanks for the help!

brimmyfish

Ok I received my FF3 And speedbead mount today. When I tried to install my speedbead mount the pins wouldn't line up even if I completely crushed the foam pad on the mount. At first I thought that I had ordered the wrong mount but I checked the package and model number and it is supposed to fit a SBE2. I spent about 25 mins on the phone with a Burris rep and finally have decided that I think the mount is defective. The holes in my receiver and stock were close to lining up but I had to bend the pins a little to get them to fit and after I bent the ones that go into the stock I realized that the pins were just pivoting at the mount so it made it even farther from fitting into my receiver. No matter what I tried it didn't want to fit. So I am returning the mount and I am planning on ordering another that will hopefully be better. Anyway, has anyone else had these issues?

ridgerunner

The factory sight works great for killing turkeys..IMO a scope will screw you out of birds at some point.